Mahindra 5010 HST Hydraulic Rear Remote Control

/ Mahindra 5010 HST Hydraulic Rear Remote Control #1  

bobm6996

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 4WD HST Cab, Mahindra 2615 Gear, Scag Tiger Cat 48", Gravely 42" ZTR, EZ GO Gas Golf Cart
I have a 2014 Mahindra HST Cab 4WD and I noticed the rear remote leaking fluid where the quick connect is attached to the control block (not sure if that is the right name). It is where the rear remote quick connects are connected to the block with the ports setting on top of the transmission. When I attempted to tighten it up it just kept turning. Took it off and the soft metal had stripped the threads on the bushing and the inside of the port. I tried wrapping a lot of Teflon tape around and used the weld you can get in tubes to attempt to repair. Did not work. Looked up the part on Mahindra the block is $903 bucks, insane for such a small piece of metal. Any ideas on how I might still repair it or a place to find cheaper replacement parts than going to Mahindra?

Thanks,
Bob

/ Mahindra 5010 HST Hydraulic Rear Remote Control #2  
We would use these on engines and other items that were difficult to weld in a repair- like cast metals.

HeliCoil

/ Mahindra 5010 HST Hydraulic Rear Remote Control #3  
If there is enough metal left, bore it out to next size up and use a reducing bushing. If not you can try a helicoil type repair, but be warned I've never seen one designed for hydraulic/pipe fitting so you would have to adapt one to work with a real good sealant. If you had time, I'd remove the valve block and take it to a local hydraulics shop and seek their opinion.