Pat's Quick Attach Question

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question #1  

CoachEarl

Tractor
Mahindra 2538 HST
I finally got some time on my new 2538 this weekend. I love it! I've been looking at the options for quicker and easier implement changing and I think Pat's looks like it will work with most everything. Any draw backs to using it with a 2538? I have a shredder, box blade and post hole digger so far. Thanks for info in advance!

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question #2  
Pat's is an improvement, especially if your tractor does not have extendable lower links. Before hitching up to an attachment you'll need to set the width of your lower links to match whatever you are hitching. Then you still have to dismount and connect the top link.

Biggest drawback is your PTO shaft may be short. Remember you are moving your attachment farther from the tractor.

You'll also see a difference if hitching to a heavy attachment, for the same reason as above.

Otherwise, go for it. Post pics of course. :)

Welcome to TBN.

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question
Will a PTO adapter work well enough for the shredder? Not sure if there is an issue with them breaking or anything.

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question #4  
I have used a Pat's for years. The only issue I have had is Pat's moves the linkage back about 3". It took me a while to find a toplink that would work for all my attachments. Unless your cutter/shredder can't extend 3" further than it does now, you shouldn't have any problems. Keep in mind heavy implements will be leveraged out a little further, but it's never been an issue for me. The Pat's with telescoping arms is the cat's meow for hooking up implements. Also factor in a new toplink in the pricing.

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question #5  
I have used a Pat's for years. The only issue I have had is Pat's moves the linkage back about 3". It took me a while to find a toplink that would work for all my attachments. Unless your cutter/shredder can't extend 3" further than it does now, you shouldn't have any problems. Keep in mind heavy implements will be leveraged out a little further, but it's never been an issue for me. The Pat's with telescoping arms is the cat's meow for hooking up implements. Also factor in a new toplink in the pricing.

Maybe explain using Pat's with the telescoping arms?

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question #6  
Will a PTO adapter work well enough for the shredder? Not sure if there is an issue with them breaking or anything.

I had the Pat's Easy Change for about 6 years...really liked it...still do, but I did go for a quick hitch. In many regards, I think the PEC is the more versatile system. As others wrote, it does move an implement about 4 inches aft. One of my implements, a Woods 5000 chipper/shredder, does require a PTO adapter due to that 4" extension. No problems with using the adapter. I still have the chipper/shredder and I still use the adapter.

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question #7  
I had the Pat's Easy Change for about 6 years...really liked it...still do, but I did go for a quick hitch. In many regards, I think the PEC is the more versatile system. As others wrote, it does move an implement about 4 inches aft. One of my implements, a Woods 5000 chipper/shredder, does require a PTO adapter due to that 4" extension. No problems with using the adapter. I still have the chipper/shredder and I still use the adapter.

Yeah, that same aft movement of the implement occurs with a Quick Hitch as well.

I agree the Pat's is more versatile. Sometimes modifications to the implement are required to use a Quick Hitch. Once those mods are done though the QH is much easier to use.

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question
Thanks for all of the input! I guess while I keep researching and deciding what I will do, if could find a way to keep my lift arms apart when backing up to the implement, it would be much easier. Any tricks on that? Mine get pretty narrow when they are hanging free.

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question #9  
That's a huge inconvenience. What type of stabilizers do your arms have?? Can they easily be adjusted to hold the arms apart? My old Ford uses telescoping stabilizers. Easy to pin them apart.

/ Pat's Quick Attach Question #10  
The Pat's system has an optional adjustable spacer / separator "stabilizer bar" bar that will keep the lift arms separated. It's $20.