Toolbox sugjestions

/ Toolbox sugjestions #1  

Spentit

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2565 with hoe, Case 530 back hoe, Hyundai180 LC-3 excavator. Love my Hoe's!
Am soon to take delivery of a low hour Mahindra 2565 cab shuttle. It was priced right so I thought I would give it a try. In the past I worked a different model Mahindra and it had a toolbox under the floor mat. It wasn't to big or to small. And it was right at the door with a steel lid. It was great. I have yet to see anything about this 2565 having any toolbox. Has anyone come up with any good ideas on location, what you might have done. I don't want to fill the cup holders with extra pins and tools. Maybe it has one hidden somewhere, I can't find it. Every tractor needs a tool box.

/ Toolbox sugjestions #2  
i put an ammo box in the back behind the seat and attached with the screws from the triangular-like reflector caution sign in the back - works great - drilled a couple of holes for basic drainage. works for what i need generally. got the paint to match tractor at tsc.

there is a thread here in another area of the forum. cannot find the link. maybe i never saved it. sorry.

/ Toolbox sugjestions #3  
oh i also have an extra that i could attach to the side of the rollover bar too. installed and decided did not like it there - but that does work.

/ Toolbox sugjestions
Good idea behind the seat. Then I could reach it through the back window. Thanks.

/ Toolbox sugjestions #5  
When I had my first tractor - Ford 1700 - I put a military 45 auto ammo can on the fender. It was OK - wx tight and just the right size. Only down side - at certain speeds the fender and ammo can took up a vibration. Not a lot, but I wrapped loose hand tools inside the can in shop towels to cut rattling.

/ Toolbox sugjestions #6  
tractor paint

Tractor Supply MAJIC brand Tractor, Truck and Implement Spray, color IH RED the code on the cap is 8-22972

Last edited:
   / Toolbox sugjestions #7  
What ever you do DO NOT modify the roll over bar. The bar is built to specs for your tractor. If you drill holes in it or such you will weaken it. It is ok to bolt things to it, like a tool box. Tractor Supply had U-bolts that looked like they were custom made for my roll over bar.

I used an old chest freezer basket and some Dexion to make a basket that I could just toss stuff into. I mounted it to the roll over bar with the Tractor Supply U-bolts.

/ Toolbox sugjestions #8  
no inserted it into a pre-existing bolt. or used a free hole - do not remember. i am not a numbnuts re: messing with the structural integrity of stuff. my Ph.D. is worth something plus all my work experience.

/ Toolbox sugjestions #9  
i put an ammo box in the back behind the seat and attached with the screws from the triangular-like reflector caution sign in the back - works great - drilled a couple of holes for basic drainage. works for what i need generally. got the paint to match tractor at tsc.

there is a thread here in another area of the forum. cannot find the link. maybe i never saved it. sorry.
Would you mind posting a PIC please?

/ Toolbox sugjestions #10  
sorry tried 3x to upload and the upload page goes off the screen and then froze plus site was slow too. had to reboot my laptop - linux too which is weird - sorry man.