FUEL ADDITIVE

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #1  

Jabonee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra
Just learned a very expensive lesson about fuel additive. More is not better. You owners of the Doosan engine tractors pay heed. Seems to much additive can dry the fuel to the point that it looses its lubricating effects on the HP pump. The pump begins to wear and send particulate into the rail and injectors causing them to fail. Who knew?:eek:

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #2  
As in "anti gel" / winter type additive? Good info, thanks:thumbsup:

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #3  
What fuel additive did you use ?

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #4  
Only need about 0.15%, very small amount, if anti gel additive.

I'm surprised there are pumps out there that actually have touching parts such that they need lubricant. Bet the large majority of pumps have impellers designed to avoid metal-to-metal contact. If had had an engine with such a pump, about 1 quart of ATF into about 10 to 20 gallons of fuel would provide some lubricity.

Ralph

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #5  
Sorry for your problems. What happened?

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #6  
It’s a Diesel engine, put diesel fuel in it.

Never understood the reasoning in all these additives.

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #7  
Yep. It can happen. As far as I was told a few years ago, 911 could be a threat to your fuel components if overdosed.
I use some 2 cycle oil occasionally in my truck. But in very light mix, maybe a quart on 1000 gallons.
I don't give much on those conditioners. They work only up to a certain degree. You won't get winterfuel when purchased in summer. Some fuel stations I've seen use it already when they fill up their tanks. Adding on top of that can get dangerous, pricey and is useless.

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #8  
We've had a couple periods of below zero temps here. Stalled diesel engines were rampant. Those owners don't believe in all these additives either. Those who properly treated their fuel had no problems.

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #9  
There’s a difference in putting some anti gel agent in vs all this “lubricitity” crap in or two stroke oil or gasoline or god knows what in.

/ FUEL ADDITIVE #10  
Still waiting to see how much and what was used?