Stupid Mahindra Dealer...

/ Stupid Mahindra Dealer... #1  

Catskin

Tractor
Mahindra 1533
A month after I bought a 1533 HST, Loader and Backhoe my stupid dealer up and closes shop one morning. I remember everyone telling me your buying a tractor but your marring the dealer - we'll my dealer done left me before my first Warranty visit (that sounds like a C&W song).

Anyway since I don't have a dealer I've been gathering stuff for my first 50 hour oil change and such (thanks to all you folk who found the filter part numbers) and was wondering if it was worth going to Full Synthetic (I have T6 in my dodge)? Also what about the Tranny/Hydraulic oil any favorites?

Two other items I was going to bug the dealer about when I had my 50 hours service but now have to fix myself;

1. the bucket dump is crazy slow - like 7 seconds loaded or unloaded.

2. I'm getting this weird pulse in the three point when it's up, but only when I have the grader blade on, not when the box blade is attached. My grader blade (Land Pride RB3584) may be heavier that my Box Blade (5-foot Rankin) but not by more than 100-ish lbs.

3. I was thinking about buying a thumb for the 1538B backhoe where can I get that? another brand dealer? Are the KMW backhoes common?

As you can tell I'm kind of bent about being left high and dry.:mad:

/ Stupid Mahindra Dealer... #2  
Contact MahindraUSA and explain what happened. They will put you in contact with the next nearest dealer who will honor any warranty issues.

I had the same thing happen to me after buying my LS. I asked the local LS rep who was at the next farm show and they introduced me to my new dealer who was glad to have me as a new customer.

Sorry I can't help with your other issues.

/ Stupid Mahindra Dealer... #3  
1. the bucket dump is crazy slow - like 7 seconds loaded or unloaded. :mad:

This sounds like a potential hydraulic valve problem. Might have some foreign debris in the line or at the cylinder fittings. My first guess would be the valve control. If your other hydraulics are working OK, then it appears to be isolated to the bucket. I assume you checked the Hydraulic fluid and all is OK there. You might want to test each of the lines to the hydraulic cylinders on the bucket to make sure you have sufficient pressure.

Have you checked to see if the bucket is "binding up" during loading or unloading on the sub-frame? (not likely, but worth a look)

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Let us know if you find the problem, so others can benefit from your "experience"...

/ Stupid Mahindra Dealer... #4  
One of the recommended hydraulic fluids is Chevron THF 1000. It has treated my tractor well.

My loader curl was weak and it turned out it had air in it. Anyway during my research one of the suggestions was to look at the QDs. The QDs have a small passage in them and are known to be a place for debris can catch. This will cause slow function.

/ Stupid Mahindra Dealer... #5  
My loader curl was weak and it turned out it had air in it. Anyway during my research one of the suggestions was to look at the QDs. The QDs have a small passage in them and are known to be a place for debris can catch. This will cause slow function.
This.
Put the loader on the ground, shut the engine off and work the loader valve around to relieve any pressure in the lines, then take off the lines one at a time and put them back on.
If you still have this issue, try switching the lines from the loader lift to the bucket curl and see if the problem follows the lines or if it stays with the valve section in the control valve.

Aaron Z

/ Stupid Mahindra Dealer...
I will check the QDs, one has been giving me trouble anyway (leaking, I can see damage to the o-ring), I'll have to check and see if it's one feeding the dump though.

Anybody know why my 3 point would be sagging and pulsing at <50 hours? Searching around it seems to be common problem on other brands. I'm hoping it's just an adjustment on the Mahindra.

3point - YouTube

/ Stupid Mahindra Dealer... #7  
If you let the three point down just a little bit but still keep implement up does it still jump like that.

OK, on the curl, switching from the rise/lower circuit to the curl/dump at the QD improved the dump speed by 3 seconds, ie 7 seconds to 4 seconds.

On the three point question, (does it pulse when not at the top of the lift) it stopped pulsing completely. Gremlins.

One of the recommended hydraulic fluids is Chevron THF 1000. It has treated my tractor well.

Good, I can get THF 1000 at NAPA.

I did check for air also by running everything back and forth to the extents 6 or 7 times.

/ Stupid Mahindra Dealer... #10  
Contact MahindraUSA and explain what happened. They will put you in contact with the next nearest dealer who will honor any warranty issues.

I had the same thing happen to me after buying my LS. I asked the local LS rep who was at the next farm show and they introduced me to my new dealer who was glad to have me as a new customer.

Sorry I can't help with your other issues.

He's about 90 miles from the closest dealer. :shocked::thumbdown: