HST Wont move forward or back

/ HST Wont move forward or back
Any tips for the instal of the computer?

/ HST Wont move forward or back #12  
You have to take the dash apart. There are two bolts on the left and right side, and a four below/beside the steering wheel. You also have to take the screw out of the throttle lever/pull the plastic off and take the plastic 'knobs' off the brake lock lever/etc. Take the below the steering wheel cover off. Seems to me there were a couple phillips head screw somewhere, but at my age, I might be just hallucinating. Then you should be able to work the dash upwards/rearwards enough to see the controller. I have not had mine out [ I hope I never will :) ], but there are two connectors and two bolts... This is as far as I know. Again, there are others that are painfully aware of the process. Probably get you a good deal on a recently ventilated one at a real discount. :)

/ HST Wont move forward or back #13  
If you're replacing the whole cpu which for me on a 2555hst, it's an approximately 5"×5" square box (refer to Bone head of the year post pic) with green gel in middle that cost $600+. It was located to the upper left side of dash. All I had to do was remove four bolts on lower grey section of dash, remove little red rubber knob on tilt control, and then just work my hand through top of dash and remove two bolts and two wiring harnesses. Once installed there is a series of events that have to be done in order for cpu to synch to tractor. The deer printed off the 2-4 page directions for me so I could do it at home.

And as Jerry K informed you, I put a ventilation hole in mine for more airflow to get more HP.

Anyway I can get those directions?

/ HST Wont move forward or back #15  
SC2555HST .... If there is any emailing of controller 'sync to tractor info'... I would be forever in your debt for a copy sent to me.... Free info for life, well, at least as many years as I have left.... :)

SC2555HST .... If there is any emailing of controller 'sync to tractor info'... I would be forever in your debt for a copy sent to me.... Free info for life, well, at least as many years as I have left.... :)

Second that on forever in debt

Figured I would update everyone. I changed the computer that didn't help. I had the dealer come pick it up. They did all kinds of pressure tests on it and found everything to be good. Long story short after hours of shop time someone found that the remote hydro was engaged and that was causing my issues. The dealership said they would help me out of their end of the fees since neither of us realized it was something so simple and we both had spent a large amount of money on it already!

/ HST Wont move forward or back #18  
Glad you are up and running. Sometimes the painful or expensive lessons have to be learned.... Just life. But it could have been way worse. The spare HST controller will not go down in value thru the years.... :)

/ HST Wont move forward or back #19  
My first look would be to see if you bumped the PTO or other lever getting off the tractor and their is a safety preventing movement.

Hmmm bummer it cost so much time, money and frustration. Glad you are up and running. Hopefully something others can learn from. Thx for sharing.

Another update: Tractor worked fine since the last post. No issues what so ever with the transmission. This weekend I was out doing some mowing and loader work in between and the trans died again. I was doing some loader work going forward and backward when it stopped going anywhere, exact same as before. I first made sure the rear remote had not been bumped. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and came back, no problem for about 5 minutes then it stopped working again. I battled this all morning until I got my project done. I limped it up to the garage and parked it. A few hours later I went out to use it for a few hours and it worked fine. I used it all day the next day to mow, no issues.

When the issue arose, I could hold the petal down for 30 seconds or so and it might start to creep forward, other times it would do absolutely nothing.

Anyone have anymore ideas? This is getting very frustrating not having a reliable tractor.