Transmission strainer removal

/ Transmission strainer removal #1  

retxedmmalko

Tractor
2015 Mahindra 4025
Getting ready to do a hydraulic fluid change and transmission strainer cleaning on my 2015 Mahindra 4025. Anybody have experience with removing the strainer that could provide some tips? Looks like the location of the brake lever will prevent easy removal.

/ Transmission strainer removal #2  
Welcome to TBN and the forum. I have no answers for you but somebody will surely be along soon to share their experiences.

/ Transmission strainer removal #3  
Look directly opposite on the casing where the strainer is, and see if there is a similar sized cast plate. You may be able to take that plate off and pull the strainer out the drivers side of the casing. I have never done it that way, but someone once wrote about it. As far as having brake lever in the way, that is par for the course... I had a hyd line that I slightly re engineered in place so I could get mine out of my 5035. First time you take the screen out, make sure you wash it real good to remove any gray iron dust sludge from it from the gears lap'n in. You can wash it with hot water and dish soap at first, just make sure to wash it several times after that with diesel or something... make sure you get rid of any moisture. Blow it off real good several times during the process. Try to clean the krap out of the bottom of the casing as much as possible, too. I took mine out at 50 hours and it was real nasty. When I did it at 400 hours, it was practically clean.

/ Transmission strainer removal
Didn't see a way to get it out of the opposite side. Did you have to disconnect any hoses when you took yours out or is there enough flex in the line to slide it all the way out? Appreciate the tips on the cleaning. I'll probably tackle it in the next few weeks. Got a few things I need the tractor for before I tear into it. I would have taken it to the dealer to have it done, but my dealer shut their doors a few months after I bought it. Closest dealer now is over 100 miles away. Thanks again. I appreciate your reply.

/ Transmission strainer removal #5  
Mine is a 5035. Probably fairly generic in their sump case screens. Mine had 4 bolts holding the cast cover with the strainer tube coming out of it. Just outboard from that it went up. There was a rubber hose with two SS type hose clamps that you loosened. Then rotate and slide the hose upward until the lower part can be pulled out from the main casing. Some folks have mentioned shorting the hose a little to make it easier to put back together.