Hst drain plugs

/ Hst drain plugs #1  

doneill127

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max
Changed my hst fluid a few days ago on my Max22. There are 3 drain plugs. Two of them are on the bottom of each side of the tranny near where the axle tubes attach and the third is on the back side of the mid PTO. I couldn稚 figure out any way to remove the one on the PTO without taking off the backhoe subframe crossmember. Seeing the other two drains were lower I skipped pulling the plug on the PTO. Was wondering if I知 missing something or is it expected that you pull the subframe.

/ Hst drain plugs #2  
You are fine. My 1538 has 3 plugs as well and I only pulled the lowest one. I’m not worried about a few cups of oil in a system that holds about 10 gallons........remember the fluid in all the cylinders, valves and hoses wasn’t changed either! It’s just an accepted reality in hydraulic systems.

/ Hst drain plugs #3  
Did the plugs you pulled have magnets on them? Or is the magnet to catch metal chips on the plug you didn’t get to.

/ Hst drain plugs #4  
Not sure who you are asking. In my case yes.

But sticking one to the side or bottom of the filter is common. I’m sure when these things are new you will get enough metal out to make an anchor!!

/ Hst drain plugs #5  
My eMax22 has three drain plugs. The middle one has a magnet to catch metal filings and the plugs on the left and right do not. In the post first post he stated he did not remove the middle plug. I would think it might be worth the effort to remove it and see if there is and metal in there.

/ Hst drain plugs
Didn稚 check but I don稚 believe they were magnetic. There were no shavings or chips attached to them.