Mahindra 4110 - Clutch Problems

/ Mahindra 4110 - Clutch Problems #1  

gdbaskin

Tractor
Mahindra 4110, Mahindra 485, Farmtrac 775, Case 550 E Dozer, Cat 416 Backhoe
I just had the clutch in my Mahindra 4110 replaced last fall. I used the tractor for mowing for about one hour. It died and the battery was weak, so I tried to pull start it. After one or two attempts to pull start - it suddenly had no clutch pedal (loose - no tension). I thought maybe the clutch plate maybe stuck due to the attempted pull starting. Anyway - it sat all winter and I am now needing it. Still "no pedal" tension. Does the 4110 have a hydraulic or mechanical clutch? If hydraulic - could low fluid be the culprit? If it is mechanical - what could be the problem? Any ideas welcome. Thanks!

/ Mahindra 4110 - Clutch Problems #2  
All mechanical. Going to be difficult to say what went wrong. Start with the linkage at the pedal and work your way to the trans to see if the linkage has come loose anywhere. Also, there is a grease fitting on each side of the front trans. that grease the release bearing shaft that the bearing is mounted on inside. These fittings do not actually grease the bearing, just the shaft that's supported in the bellhousing. On my older model there are rubber grommets in the floorboard you remove to access the grease fittings. My tractor also has a hook to hold the clutch pedal down when storing for longer periods to keep the disc from rusting to the flywheel/pressure plate. I've never had to use mine as I use my tractor year 'round.

A front split to do any clutch work is not really for a novice, but if you have done automotive clutches you should be able to handle this job. It's pretty involved and nothing about it is cheap, believe me !!

/ Mahindra 4110 - Clutch Problems #3  
the tym built tractors for some reason have always been like this I wouldn't be worried the 6110s will do the same thing theres no way to pull start them

/ Mahindra 4110 - Clutch Problems #4  
I had someone explain to me what actually happens but I couldn't tell you if I tried... IH had models back in the day that couldn't be pull started also

/ Mahindra 4110 - Clutch Problems #5  
All mechanical. Going to be difficult to say what went wrong. Start with the linkage at the pedal and work your way to the trans to see if the linkage has come loose anywhere. Also, there is a grease fitting on each side of the front trans. that grease the release bearing shaft that the bearing is mounted on inside. These fittings do not actually grease the bearing, just the shaft that's supported in the bellhousing. On my older model there are rubber grommets in the floorboard you remove to access the grease fittings. My tractor also has a hook to hold the clutch pedal down when storing for longer periods to keep the disc from rusting to the flywheel/pressure plate. I've never had to use mine as I use my tractor year 'round.

A front split to do any clutch work is not really for a novice, but if you have done automotive clutches you should be able to handle this job. It's pretty involved and nothing about it is cheap, believe me !!

I have these fittings under the rubber plugs. Last year they wouldn't take grease This yr same. For some dumb reason I thought they were to grease the
clutch & brake peddle. ??? I wonder if different grease gun will help get grease in there. if not, what do I do? not much room to see things and I don't
think I can see from side under floor. I didn't really look close yet. Any ideas?

/ Mahindra 4110 - Clutch Problems #6  
I have these fittings under the rubber plugs. Last year they wouldn't take grease This yr same. For some dumb reason I thought they were to grease the
clutch & brake peddle. ??? I wonder if different grease gun will help get grease in there. if not, what do I do? not much room to see things and I don't
think I can see from side under floor. I didn't really look close yet. Any ideas?

Take it to a dealer or repair man

/ Mahindra 4110 - Clutch Problems #7  
Way back when it was new I put 90 degree grease fittings in and it's not too bad to get to. These only grease the release bearing shaft where it is bushed on each side of the bellhousing. I guess it could potentially freeze-up and keep you from using the clutch but I would think it's not too likely given the spring pressure of the pressure plate is pretty stiff, but I couldn't say for sure. Make sure the coupler on your grease gun fits the nipple nice & tight (most are adjustable) so you get full pressure into the nipple.