Mahindra Red Paint

/ Mahindra Red Paint #1  

dbelisle

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810HST
Just and FYI for everyone

I have been looking for paint to touch up my bucket and the hooks I have welded on the tractor

I finally got some paint at NAPA.

I has the NAPA name on the can and it is

Martin Senour Paints

The Code is 6017

And the name is International Harvester Red ( Go figure )

I guess they are still using the same color since they bought the rights some of the IH lines in 1962

Dave in NH

2810HST

/ Mahindra Red Paint #2  
Thanks for the tip! I just bought a 2615 4WD and it had a few tiny nicks that needed babying.
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Mahindra Red Paint #3  
I welded some hooks on my bucket. I wanted to paint it to keep it from rusting. I wasn't too conserned about maching color but I did buy Rustolium Red rattle can. It was as close to perfect as I need. I didn't tape anything off so there was some overspray. You can not see it.

/ Mahindra Red Paint
The only thing I found with the Rustolium type of paints is that they will fade rather quickly after being in the sun a while.

Ace hardware sells a Rustolium type of spray that they call tractor red and it also matches perfectly , but it will dull right up in a few months.

The paint from NAPA is a acrylic enamel. So it should hold up as good as the original paint.

I touched up the bucket with a brush , but I bought the reducer and hardener to spray the thumb.

Dave in NH

2810HST