Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Mahindra (2011)5035 HST TLB & (2016)2555 HST Cab & (2017)1526 HST(2018)Cub Cadet Pro Z 154L

Default Re: AC compressor squeal

They used to make a product called ' belt dressing '. After you put the proper tension on the belt by moving the pulleys, you poured the belt dressing onto the rubber belts/pulleys. Sounds kind of counter productive, but the liquid was real sticky and would help you get rid of the hard glazed surface of the worn belts... Usually getting all over you, too.... I still have some, but have not used any in 20 years or so...
    78" [26"X10"fan] Mahindra front blower,72" Mahindra front blade, 48" CID QA forks, 6' EverythingAttachments Land Plane & Landscape Rake, 78" JRW rear blower[26"X8"fan], homemade 1 ton rear weight, 6' Ford rear blade, big homemade 3pt box/carrier, 8" wood chipper

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2555 HST Cab

Update: It appears I found another thing for which Amazon is not well suited - and that's buying fan belts.

I ordered an A54 belt, which is what is visible on the original belt. That should be a 1/2 x 5/16 belt that is 54 ID. The OEM one is ribbed/notched. The new one isn't. While that likely doesn't matter, the new one is about 1/2" larger (diameter) than the original. Unfortunately, the original belt already had the tensioner nearly at the tightest level. There is not enough tightening left on the tensioner to take out the extra slack.

Looks like I'll have to visit a parts store with the original in hand.

After reinstalling the original, I tightened it up a bit more to kill the squeal - and that worked. But the longest section of the belt (between the crank pulley and the AC compressor pulley) is bouncing and vibrating like it's about to shred. I've also noticed that the compressor NEVER cycles off. It stays on the entire time the engine is running - whether at idle, or full throttle.

I wonder if that is abnormal? Or is it just the nature of the beast when the cab volume is too large or the insulation too poor to allow the system to reach shutoff.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2555 HST Cab

Well, after finding that the Amazon A54 doesn't match the Mahindra A54 belt, I opted to go for the A53, which is 1" smaller in diameter. Turns out that was a perfect fit. The tensioner adjustment bolt ended up in nearly the identical position as when the original belt was installed.

So, anyone looking to replace the AC belt on a 2555, this is the belt you need. Interestingly enough, in the 24 hours since I ordered it, the price of the belt dropped $2 - or about 30%. Go figure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123