Clutch does not disengage

/ Clutch does not disengage
I got it! I took the dust cover underneath the clutch cavity and with a punch, tapped a few times until the disc moved.

I tried the stomping the brakes and clutch pedals while moving , all it did was either keep moving or stalling(depending on what gear i was in)

Amazing how a little rust will hold so much torque.

/ Clutch does not disengage #12  
Clutch manufactures are now using more metallic linnings as compared to the linnings asbestos favored in the past.
Best to block or tie clutch pedal down in the release position if tractor going to sit a while. This is especially true in areas of high humidity.

george

/ Clutch does not disengage #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That surprises me, Dave. I would have thought you'd just stall the engine before anything else broke. )</font>

Bird, it certainly surprised me as well. I had done this so many times that I think I was a little hasty and careless. Many of the Yanmars have excellent wet disk brakes...and I think that contributed to the issue. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Clutch does not disengage #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I got it! I took the dust cover underneath the clutch cavity and with a punch, tapped a few times until the disc moved. )</font>
Glad you got the clutch unstuck. My Kioti has a little hook that flips up when you depress the clutch to hold it. Maybe you could create a small hook like that to keep yours depressed when not in use. John

/ Clutch does not disengage
Yep. I think i will put something like that in place instead of the stick I have wedged in the stop adjustment.