Lift Capacity Why the difference?????

/ Lift Capacity Why the difference????? #1  

hubhill

I am looking to buy a 2015 or 2615. I really like the looks of these tractors. However I am really /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif confused

Why is the lift capacity different on the 4wd and the HST models. I have listed what is shown in the paperwork I received from the dealers and on the internet.

2015 HST 1400 lbs
2015 4WD (Gear Drive) 980 lbs
2615 HST 2205 lbs
2615 4WD (Gear Drive) 1653 lbs

I have gone to severl dealers and I have also called the phone in Tomball Tx. and I can not get a straight answer. I have been told it is a miss print, but when I ask which one is right they could not tell me. Then I talked to one guy at Tomball Tx. He told me that they put a different 3 point hitch on the HST model than they did the gear drive. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif(CRAZY) They look the same to me.

I know this is not the most important thing in the world but when the lif capacity is 1000 lbs or less 400 lbs makes a different.

/ Lift Capacity Why the difference????? #2  
I have looked at the two units...I think the 2615 is a bunch more tractor for the money. The 2015 (I also felt the same about the Kioti CK20) was too small for some work, especially with a loader. For mowing, yes. Don't know why the lift is different other than the fact that the HST may have a seperate pump for the HST which may increase the lift capacities vs. the gear models. I know nothing...so take that into account. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif BTW...around here the going rate on the 2615 HST is $13,500 - $14000. There is a $1000 rebate figured in that price and 0% 36 mos financing. I think it is a very good price on that tractor.

/ Lift Capacity Why the difference????? #3  
<font color="blue">Why is the (3 point) lift capacity different on the 4wd and the HST models. </font>

The model of the tractor has nothing to do with it. It's the place where the measurement is taken. The higher number is measured at the end of the 3 point lift arms. The lower number is measured 24" behind the lift point (lift point being the end of the three point arms).

Per Mahindra the lift capacity 24" behind the lift arms is as follows.

<font color="red"> The lift capacities on our spec sheets is for total lift capacity at the lift point End of the lower link arms. The lift capacities at 24" behind the lift point per ASAE S349.1 are as follows:

2015--980 lbs.
2615--1653 lbs.
3015--1652 lbs.
</font>

I see Mahindra has updated their website and have the numbers posted, some one way and some the other. Here's the way I see it....

<font color="blue"> 2015 HST 1400 lbs (at the lift point)
2015 4WD (Gear Drive) 980 lbs (24" behind the lift point)
2615 HST 2205 lbs (at the lift point)
2615 4WD (Gear Drive) 1653 lbs ( 24" behind the lift point)
</font>

Don

/ Lift Capacity Why the difference?????
Thanks for the information. I have not checked the Mahindra Web site since I called them. I will look at it again. I know that I caught them off guard when I called them.

The information that you provided sounds right. Thanks again for the information.

I just purchased my new tractor this week. I bought the 2015 HST. The lowest prices I have found in my area are: 2015 4wd drive $10500 & HST $11500. The 2615 is 12500 & 13500. That includes all rebates etc.

I think the 2015 will do all that I need to do. I agree that the 2615 is bigger and probably more bang for your buck. I just wanted and felt the smaller tractor would do the job.

I will let you know in the next few weeks if I made a mistake or not. I dont think so, or at least I hope not.