New to the family

/ New to the family #1  

crazycuzn

Tractor
Mahindra 55004X4
Just bought a 5500 4X4 Mahindra but had a few bumps in the road. Just bought 80 acres and decided we needed a tractor for mostly fun and a little upkeep. Went to the closest dealer and ordered quickly, first tractor was delivered and had a few problems with engine performance and some cosmetic flaws. I was impressed that the next weekend my dealer had a fresh new tractor in my yard. I started brush hoggin that day and smiled the whole time (actually save some areas for future relaxation). I have a nice big creek that runs through the property so I went and moved some creek rock to repair/make a road. Again mucho fun. BUT my question is… I have since found a small leak (Seep as my dealer calls it) from a quick disconnect coupler on the FEL hose and from the 3-point case (please excuse my terminology, I'm a rookie). He stated that he would fix this stuff on the first servicing (50hrs). Does this make sense? I have to admit the dealer has been very motivated to take care of me. I have enjoyed the postings from the Mahindra crowd for the last 2 months, Thanks for all the advice

/ New to the family #2  
Your dealer sounds like he is commited to your satisfaction. It would make sense to fix these & any other issue that may arise at the 50 hour service. Unless anything serious comes up or these problems get worse, I'd let it go until the service.

/ New to the family #3  
Oh, Welcome to TBN. Enjoy that tractor!

/ New to the family #4  
Welcome to TBN. What kind of problems did you have with engine performance that warranted a new tractor? Just wondering. That is an excellant tractor, good luck with it and playing... uh working on those 80 acres.

/ New to the family #5  
I'd be real curious to know what you think as time goes on. I just ordered mine (5500 4WD with FEL and hog) and it's supposed to arrive this coming Thursday. Saw one post about economy and said they were really good on that. Just hope mine's the same. I'll be using mine to cut/rake/bale and compost along with the other odd jobs. My local dealer was a turd on pricing and really lukewarm about every other subject so I went to another one about 30 miles away and he sounded really good. I made the order and wouldn't you know it, the local guy is calling like crazy to see what we can work out. I won't mind a short haul for warranty stuff if necessary. Just goes to show what good salesmanship can do. Sounds like you got a good one. Hope they're around for a while.

/ New to the family #6  
Sounds typical on the repair. Mahindra has not hesitated to fix the problems with my 6000. However I am worried about what happens when the warranty is up.
What kind of power issues were you experiencing? I've had mine for a year and it just seems to be weak. I don't have much experience on others to compare it to, but it seems to me the tractor would be able to carry itself up small inclines on the highway without downshifting!

/ New to the family #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( but it seems to me the tractor would be able to carry itself up small inclines on the highway without downshifting! )</font>
My 4110 cannot go up a hill in [H]igh gears 2,3,or 4. I was wondering if this is normal.

/ New to the family #8  
my 4110 has the same problem, but I don't consider it a problem, my standard shift p/u needs downshifting when traveling up a hill.
As far as the warranty repairs , I bought my tractor (350 hrs) used, with five months left on a 2 yr warranty, although the previous owner bent the pto shaft (abuse?) the company did replace the pto shaft, a $800.00 job that cost me NOTHING under warranty. if I had to rate the company/dealer I give them a 9 on a 1-10 scale. Tractor performance (40+ hrs so far) for my needs also gets a 9
Ron

/ New to the family
I was told the engine problem was just an electrical (part?) and an easy fix. I am new at tractoring but I am impressed with the power I get. I have been pushing large down trees (plural) in my timber without breaking a sweat this past weekend. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. Lynxpilot I am very happy with my tractor, please let me know what you think of yours.

/ New to the family #10  
Cuzn,

Dealer called last night and said it was ready, when to deliver? I said how bout 5 am tomorrow? It's a day early and I'm smilin'. They'll be here this afternoon. First tractor for me, so I'll be taking baby steps. I'll let you know after a few hours of riding. I've got a bunch of hogging to do and will probably start with that after I figure out where the on/off button is. (safety safety safety, gotta keep reminding myself)

Dave