6000 power steering help please

/ 6000 power steering help please #1  

turbinesurgun

Bronze Member
i have a new 6000 4x4 with only 20 hours on it the front steering seems to be ratchety or skippy sometimes in 2 or 4 wheel drive what is the deal with this anyone know

/ 6000 power steering help please #2  
Doc - perhaps a little basic but is the power steering reservoir topped off with fluid? Is the trouble usually on cold startup? Are there any kinked lines to the steering cylinder especially the long copper tubes where the hoses attach to the steering cylinder?, they are in a rather vulnerable location when backing up in brush? Belt slipping on the pump?

It sounds to me as if the steering pump isn't getting enough fluid and causing the symtoms you describe. Good Luck and let us know what you finally find.

/ 6000 power steering help please
will check the level tomorrow had thought about that but it will do it when trying to turn the steering wheel pretty quick the lines are all just fine belt is tight just think it may be a characteristic of mahindra i have always been used to kubota and ford but seems to be a pretty good tractor like it so far

/ 6000 power steering help please #4  
Doc - if it was an inherent problem with Mahindra, I'd be bellyaching about it. It isn't normal as you describe it.

/ 6000 power steering help please
filled up with power steering fluid haven't had problem again so far guess the dealer just assumed it was filled up was at the very bottom of dipstick we all know what assuming does dont we