3ph drifts down on 4110

/ 3ph drifts down on 4110 #1  

mboulais

Gold Member
Tractor
2004 Mahindra 4110
After abusing my 3 point hitch a few weeks ago, I noticed it has started drifting down when not running. It takes about 2 days to drift down. I got a post hole auger stuck in the ground and instead of disconnecting it I drove forward and dragged it out of the ground. I don't see how this could cause valve damage, but it is the only thing I can point to as a possible cause. I am guessing the valve is leaking by now. Anyone else see this happen?

/ 3ph drifts down on 4110 #2  
TRY CLOSING THE 3PH CONTROL VALVE JUST BELOW AND IN FRONT OF THE SEAT AND SEE IF IT HOLDS. LET ME KNOW WHAT IT DOES. I WILL WATCH YOUR POSTS AND SEE IF I CAN HELP YOU TRACK THIS PROBLEM DOWN. PULLING THE POST HOLE DIGGER OUT THE WAY YOU DID WOULD HAVE CAUSED SOME HEAVY STRESS ON THE 3PH SYSTEM.
GALEN LAWALL
LAWALL' COLLISION
YOUR MAHINDRA
TRACTOR DEALER
BATAVIA, NY 14020
585-343-0770

/ 3ph drifts down on 4110 #3  
Galen - I'm happy to see some dealer input in this forum. There have been a few dealers on here with periodic suggestions but it would be nice to see more of you dealers with insight and Mahindra connections. I, for one, don't spend a lot of time hanging around my Mahindra dealer - so when special offers come up from Mahindra, TSB's, recalls, etc, I'm usually the last to find out about them. I feel that Mahindra knows that I bought a tractor from them but never even got a postcard acknowledgeing it. Just my opinion for whatever it is worth.....

/ 3ph drifts down on 4110
I went out to use the tractor today and try closing the valve after I was done. I was surprised to find the three point hitch all the way up. My wife was the last one to use the tractor, a couple of days ago. I don't know what changed. The valve is almost all the way open. I closed that valve and left the 3 point hitch all the way up when I finished with it today. It hasn't settled at all in the last 5 hours later. Thanks for the help.

/ 3ph drifts down on 4110 #5  
Who new GOOD things happen when the wifey uses the tractor? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3ph drifts down on 4110
Well, It's been parked for 4 1/2 days with the valve closed and it has settled half way.

/ 3ph drifts down on 4110 #7  
I have a 2810HST and if I leave the backhoe, FEL , or an implement up on the 3PT for any length of time they will drift down. I also have a Kioti DK-40 with hoe and FEL, it does the same thing.

There was a post and thread about implements drifting down a while back. It was more common than I think anyone realized.

I wouldn't worry to much about it unless can actually see it dropping right in front of you.

Dave in NH