Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable?

/ Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable? #1  

Wichita_Dennis

Tractor
Yanmar FX24D & Ford 4130
I'm considering buying a Mahindra 6500 4wd.

Is getting parts and service going to be a problem?

I have a late model Yanmar (FX24D) now and buying it was a HUGE mistake.

I can't get parts for it at ANY price even if I'm willing to wait 20 weeks for shipping from Japan. Parts are simply not available, period.

I sure don't want to get into another deal like that, needless to say.

Thanks! Dennis

/ Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable? #2  
Dennis
Parts are available for the fx 24
I have 2 parts tractors here, we have tried to sell you an engine until we were blue in the face, & have given up.
please stop spreading rumors that parts are not available for the yanmars, we have any part you need for the fx24.
By the way mahindras are an excellent tractor !
Sorry to jump down on you but we spent 8 hrs, getting an engine ready to sell to you a while back and you disappeared into thin air. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif time=$$

/ Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable? #3  
Dennis,

Mahindra is one of the largest tractor companies in the world. Some years they even outsell JD and Kubota and squeak into the #3 spot for world wide sales. They are relatively new in the USA, as they started selling here in 1994. They are serious about parts availablility and have just moved their parts department into a much bigger facility to help with that. Mahindra is here to stay.

I see your note about Yanmar. Unfortunately there are a lot of guys that sell grays that haven't a clue as to what they are doing, how to get parts, etc. They sell a tractor, generally misrepresenting it's condition and just hope nothing happens. It's a sad thing. There are a number of good dealers, many post here on TBN, that can get you almost any part, and quickly. Sometimes it is used, sometimes aftermarket, sometimes it says JD on it, and sometimes it has to come from Japan, but a couple of weeks is usually the outside timeframe even on difficult to get parts. It sounds like your "dealer" let you down. If you decide to fix the FX24D, you can trust Ernie to get you a good part. I buy from him myself.

You'll be pleased with the Mahindra. The 5500 4x4 is a great value, and the 7520 4x4 is a true hotrod of tractors. We stock both, but we are a little far away to be useful.

Here is a picture of the 7520 loaded on my trailer with a 4510Cab.

Attachments

• 533779-P1010585 (512 x 384).jpg
    533779-P1010585 (512 x 384).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 295
   / Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable?
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Ernie:
Get your facts straight please.

You didn't spend one single minute, certainly not 8 hours as you wrote, getting anything ready for me. I was seriously considering buying your entire parts tractor at one time and still am. I decided to try first to further my attempts to get my old engine rebuilt.

You told me that you had a "cash buyer" on line for the tractor, so if I didn't buy it right now you'd sell it to him. I told you to go ahead because I wasn't quite ready to give up on finding parts to rebuild mine. I guess it was your "cash buyer standing by" who was the one that "dissapeared into thin air".

As far as the parts issue: No one, including you, has been able to get the parts I need at any price. If you had, I would have already resolved this problem. Maybe you have a good stock and easy access to oil filters and fan belts but I needed oversize pistons and rings, as well as all other bearings, gaskets and misc. rebuild parts. A dozen Yanmar dealers, including you, told me they were not available.

I have posted numerous messages in several different Yanmar news groups TRYING DESPERATELY to find the parts or someone to rebuild my engine, to no avail. If you had these parts all along I sure wasted a lot of time e-mailing, calling and Faxing Yanmar dealers all across the US and in other countries for more than a year now if it turns out that you really do have them.

I have quite enough fan belts already, thank you. I need the rebuild parts for an unsleeved FX24D engine. If you have them or could get them, why did you tell me otherwise?

Everyone who sells used Yanmars, to make a sale I assume, advertises that parts are easily available, which is not at all accurate. I doubt that any other people who own broken down Yanmars would have spent nearly as much time and energy looking for a solution to an engine problem as I have.

Go look again at my recent 11/05/04 posting in Tractorbynet.com - Yanmars where I (once again) searched for a rebuilder who could get parts. With 1300+ viewers and 35 replys (including one from you) not one person could name one single place in the entire USA that could do the job and/or get the parts.

Everyone either wrote that I was foolish for buying the Yanmar in the first place or suggested that I buy a used engine from you. Not one person (including you) could tell me where to get the parts I needed.

Boy, are you full of it!

You may be a nice guy, honest, hard working, etc. but you seem to have forgot everything you told me in the past. I've got every right to complain about this and you've got no right, whatsoever, to gripe about it. I sent you an e-mail earlier this evening offering to buy your parts tractor as I have now (finally) exhausted my quest to locate parts.

Stop and think back. Try to remember what really happened between us. You owe me a big fat apology.

Dennis

/ Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable? #5  
Dennis
I did sell the other customer the engine, I have 1 left and thats all.
The engine we were going to sell to you had only 900 + or - hrs. on it
The one we have left has 1600+ - hrs.
We did get that engine ready for shipment because we really thought you were serious about purchasing it.
When you posted on bynet about it, another person read our posts & contacted us for the engine & bought it.
Like we said there is only 1 left & there aint no mo
Ernie

/ Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable? #6  
Ernie,

I think I am the one that owes you the apology. And I do so now.

I believed that someone in such a desperate situation that needed their tractor up and running - and you having the identical engine (very affordable) to make it happen, was the most logical and best answer. Obviously I was wrong.

Respectfully, Mark777

/ Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable? #7  
I seriously doubt if anyone in Japan even has
<font color="blue"> oversize pistons and rings </font> for this tractor

/ Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable? #8  
Dennis,

I recently traded my 6500 fwd for a 7520 fwd, there is no comparison with the improvements made over the 6500. I didn't need the extra hp, but the ease of getting on and off, and the many other little extras that were made are just unbelievable. In my opinion, it is definitely worth the extra money for the 7520. I absolutely love mine. I live in eastern Iowa and have a wonderful dealer, Franzen's Tractors, which is a added plus. Feel free to ask me any other questions.

Brian

/ Considering buying. Are parts avail & reasonable? #9  
I am not positive this guy even has Yanmar tractor with a bad engine..... have we seen any pictures? I think he has been offered several solutions. Dennis if you have this tractor please sell it and buy a Mahindra. Sorry to do this to you mahindra guys.......I will just apologize to Dennis now for doubting his word.....sorry dude......but i doubt your word. Your whole story makes no sense. You never offered the sellers name. You say your mechanical but you don't know machine shops can sleeve engines. You say you can't find pistons when we all know where we can get some. At first I was all behind you and ready to chew out the seller. Now I don't even think there was a seller. If there was he owes you money.. Have you heard of fraud? If you were telling the truth you would easily win a small claims court case. I agree with Ernie... Please stop bad mouthing the Yanmars.