Speeco Quick Hitch

/ Speeco Quick Hitch #1  

mike45tx

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510/FEL
Can anyone tell me if a speeco quick hitch will work using a shredder? I can see how it would work fine on a box blade, disc, ect. Also any ideas on mounting a tool box on a 3510?

Mike

/ Speeco Quick Hitch #2  
Not sure what you are calling a shredder. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is it possibly a rotary cutter? some call a brush hog?

If so, I have a rotary cutter that will attach to my quick hitch (iMatch but similar to the SpeeCo)

/ Speeco Quick Hitch #3  
Mike if you are calling a Rotary Cutter a shredder. Here is a thread on a Speeco Quick Hitch and Rotary Cutter. Click Here.

/ Speeco Quick Hitch
RON, Everyone down here in south Texas calls a rotory cutter a shredder.This is my first tractor and all the info I can get is very helpful. If the quick hitch will work the way they say it seems
like the way to go. I read those threads you posted. It looks like I may have some trouble using it. The only good thing is I have not bought it yet. I"ll have the understanding that if it does not work I'll be returning it. Thanks again for your info.

MIKE

/ Speeco Quick Hitch #5  
<font color="blue"> calls a rotary cutter a shredder </font>
I believe that a Shredder is a better name than Rotary Cutter. Around here, it is called a Bush Hog no matter who the manufacture is.

/ Speeco Quick Hitch #6  
mike,i use a pat's easy change system on my 4500 and will never go back!!

/ Speeco Quick Hitch #7  
Mike, Did you look under the floor mat on the left side of your 3510, there is a small tool box located there.

Galen LaWall
Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
Batavia, NY 14020

/ Speeco Quick Hitch
Yes,I found the small tool box under the mat. It's a little on the small side (a couple cans of copenhagen fills it !). I'm trying to mount a small plastic tool box on the front end. The fel should protect it from the brush that I'm clearing.I need to carry a few tools, shear pins, ect. Also anyone have any ideas on how to secure a pistol or long gun on the tractor? I always carry a weapon with me due to our rattlesnake and feral hog population.

Thanks
Mike

/ Speeco Quick Hitch #9  
Look under Cabela's ATV attachments and accessories. I saw some for pistol and gun toting there (I was looking for a chainsaw carrier that was mentioned here in TBN, but didn't find it).

Anything on the front of my tractor that is ahead of the grill guard is 'toast' when I am working in the brush. Even then, a stick poked through the grill guard and through the grill screen (but missed the oil cooler and the radiator fortunately). I should get a better grill guard.