electrical problems

/ electrical problems #1  

swampyankee

Tractor
3510 HST
I own a new 3510 HST and it has now blown 2 electrical boards that run the cruise control and the safety switches under the seat and on the right foot brake. The tractor will not stay running unless I keep the brake depressed enough to activate the safety switch. My dealer thought he fixed it the first time when he found a bad ground but I guess not since it just happened again. This tractor has only 30 Hrs. on it. Has anyone heard of this problem or know the fix? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ electrical problems #2  
Make cetain that the ground is indeed a good ground. I'm not familiar with your specific 3510HST but the battery ground should terminate somewhere on the engine...ie - one of the starter bolts to the bell housing. From the factory, my 4500 had the ground terminate on sheet metal and it was dependent on finding it's way thru paint and washers to painted surfaces. Poor idea! I never had a problem but my dealer suggested I run a ground cable as described above. He would have done this if he wasn't 210 miles away from me. He reimbursed me for time and material and hopefully, Mahindra reimbursed him. I read letters on this forum...over and over about electrical problems on their Mahindra's and wonder why Mahindra hasn't taken a proactive role in their problem. Just an idea and I hope it helps you.

/ electrical problems #3  
Check the seat switch if it is not adjusted properly or not working it will stall without the brake depressed. I would start there, have seen a few times on the 2810 hst and 2310 hst. 3510 hst has the same set up, , its located in the center spring under the seat.

/ electrical problems
Thanks for the info but I checked both the seat switch and the brake switch and they are both working and the cruise control is not working. I took the brake switch off the mount under the dash so the brake pedal does not activate it and the tractor runs fine. I believe it is the main board which burned up the first time. My dealer thinks there is a short in the wire harness some where. Does this sound right? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif