Mahindra 4500 4 Wheel Drive (Power Loss)

/ Mahindra 4500 4 Wheel Drive (Power Loss) #1  

mharrington

I have a 2002 Mahindra 4500 with 250 hours on the tractor. I am experiencing severe power loss. I originally thought that I had purchased some contaminated fuel, I drained a couple of gallons out of my tank through the bottom drain valve and the diesel looked ok, no water. I have changed my fuel filters and bleed the lines of air. I get real dark smoke coming from the exhaust and when I accelerate the throttle I get the same broken idling speed, if I let the tractor continue to run for four or five minutes with the throttle completely opened, the tractors RPM will go to about 20000 but the tractor is breaking up and will barley run. If you try to place in gear it drops down to less than an idle and will cut off. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr /> <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr />

/ Mahindra 4500 4 Wheel Drive (Power Loss) #2  
mharrington,have you checked your air filters,if they are clogged you will get black smoke.you said the smoke was dark,but,you didn't say what color it is.this makes a difference in the diagnostics.good luck!

/ Mahindra 4500 4 Wheel Drive (Power Loss) #3  
Did you clean the screen on the injector pump? If not i would start with that, I have seen them get pluged up.