Mahindra Quick Attach and pallet forks

/ Mahindra Quick Attach and pallet forks #1  

Steve_Taylor

Tractor
Mahindra 2810HST
Hi, I just recently purchased a 2810HST with FEL and box scraper. I was wondering if anyone has the FEL bucket QA and the pallet forks that Mahindra has? I was quoted around $650 plus freight which is quite a bit higher than the various clamp-on forks that are available. The advantage being that the load is closer to the tractor not out in front of the bucket. I just don't know if that is worth the extra $300-$400.

/ Mahindra Quick Attach and pallet forks #2  
Hi Steve
Im ordering a set for my 4110 soon, I will let you know how they work out.
Ernie
www.ernies.net

/ Mahindra Quick Attach and pallet forks
Thanks, I'll be very interested. I am tempted to just buy the forks mentioned in the "Attachments" forum under the heading "Forks for $160". That's going to be $400 cheaper. Money I can put towards another toy, er "tool" for my new tractor.

/ Mahindra Quick Attach and pallet forks #4  
I have the bale spear and the pallet forks from Mahindra for my 6000. No complaints on the bale spear, but the pallet forks are weak. I have already bent mine. A simple fix is in order to help support the pin the forks slide on. I plan on fixing them at work one day this week and I'll try to post some pics.
For all but the roughest applications you should do fine with them. I bent mine lifting a huge log.

/ Mahindra Quick Attach and pallet forks #5  
I have a 2810HST and a set of clamp on pallet forks.

If I had to do it again I wouldn't go that way.

The forks clamped onto the bucket puts the load way
to far out in front of the machine. You can't pick up that
much weight. I had less than 10 sheets of 5/8 plywood and
she had all she could do to pick them up.

I won't use them unless I have the BH on.
You want to make sure you have a good counter weight
regardless of which way you go.

Dave in NH

/ Mahindra Quick Attach and pallet forks #6  
i bought my 2810hst with the quick attach (bobcat style) front end no bucket, i use my skidsteer bucket. I love the convienience of this set up and also use the fork attachment off the skidsteer as well as other attachments.The fork attachment is very hd and heavy and much like debelisle said it also limits the lift due to its weight and positioning. In the spring i will get another qa plate from the bobcat dealer $125, a set of used forklift forks (obtained from a material handling company at no cost) which i already have and weld up a much lighter mount which will be sufficient for the lift capacity of the machine, i have also toyed with the idea of of putting larger lift cylinders. Without a good counter weight like previously mentioned it is very easy to get into trouble,I was going down hill with a load and the rear lifted off the ground quite easily. good luck, glenn.