Hoses covered under warranty?

/ Hoses covered under warranty? #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Was lifting a log with my fel yesterday evening when my left tilt cylinder hose exploded. Are hoses covered under warranty? I'll have the hose made instaed of buying one from Mahindra if it's not gonna be covered under warranty. I refuse to buy anything from the dealer I bought the tractor from. I know on most warranties hoses, belts, brakes, etc aren't covered.

/ Hoses covered under warranty? #2  
The tilt cylinder hose ruptured under load? Can we see a photo of the hose? can you get numbers or maufacturer info off the hose. I work in industrial maintenance and that hose should not have failed regardless of what you were lifting. I think it may be warranty, unless it was knicked prior to the incident.

/ Hoses covered under warranty? #3  
jwcinpk: Yes they should be. I got a new FEL hose when I complained that one of the connections (4 aluminum connectors on the lift arm) started to leak. I tightened it a quarter of a turn and it pretty much stopped leaking over time. However, Mahindra (thru my dealer) got me a new hose. By the way, its the one with the "blue" tie strip. You should be able to get another. I would think they would give you a new hose if it burst as I got one for a slight leak.
BobG in VA

/ Hoses covered under warranty?
Just to let you all know, dealer says they are covered for one year. Just my luck I've had mine 18 months. Hose I had made cost me $26 and the hydra trans oil was $25 for 2 1/2 gallons.

/ Hoses covered under warranty? #5  
According to what I have heard about Mahindra warranties even at 18 months they may have still given you the hose. According to the dealer I spoke to Mahindra is not averse to covering items past the written warranty stage. Ofcourse, the dealer would be a big part of the puzzle in getting things covered.

/ Hoses covered under warranty?
I know I have a rotten dealer and I will not buy there again. It was only $26 and it's worth that just to find out how someone will treat you. Now I know. If another hose bursts I will buy it at the local auto parts store and probably pay more for it, but atleast they will treat me like I am somebody when I'm there. I'm looking at the new 7010 cab tractor and needless to say I won't buy it in Science Hill KY!