Napa Oil Filter

/ Napa Oil Filter #1  

zekeman

Silver Member
Went to Napa today to p/u a oil filter. From all the past posts
about filters in the Mahindra forum I expected to get a Napa Gold #1324, Store owner looked up Mahindra 4110
and came up with # 1311 ???? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif have 10 more hrs before oil change, will let you know how it works out with the new #

Ron

/ Napa Oil Filter #2  
I have a question regarding this topic of oil filters, what is the purpose of finding a NAPA filter?? Is it better quality than the "Mahindra" branded oil filter? Is it cheaper? Can someone explain this to me. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Napa Oil Filter #3  
In my case cheaper. Availability of a second source is a biggie for me to. I like the thought of being able to get a filter or part at more than one place. And the fact that the furrin filter leaked a drip from the gasket side in cold weather.

The 1324 is a bit smaller filter and may not be reccomended for the 4110. It works on the 3510 so I figure if you need one you could use it.

/ Napa Oil Filter #4  
Have you tried the new "10" series filter? it has been revised with the flat gasket and smaller diam. on the gasket, it is the same as the original that came of the tractor.
New part number: 14501673991

/ Napa Oil Filter #5  
Note to self: "Remember this part number ... 14501673991.
Thank you Johnson Auto.
My dealer didn't know what I was talking about regarding new the oil filter situation.

/ Napa Oil Filter #6  
The original is long gone. And though I wanted to save the furrin replacement, it got cleaned up also.

I am not sure which one I had for part #.

/ Napa Oil Filter
KenB
two reasons for trying napa. 1) the filter installed by my dealer did drip at the gasket when starting the tractor in temperatures 20 or below- not a major leak and it did disappear when the engine warmed up. 2) last time I went to the dealer (Oct/04) he had none in stock. Mboulais had a post recently about his trouble with his oil filter/leak on his 4110 not long ago, was trying to play it safe

Johnsonauto
I will give my dealer a call and ask if has any of the new #
filters, if he does I will gladly p/u the new filter and use the napa as a back-up just in case the Mahindra filter leaks. I prefer to work with my dealer, he has always treated me fairly, but I was not going to buy a defective filter until Mahindra corrected the filter problems

Ron

/ Napa Oil Filter #8  
Ron,
As far the DaeDong engines in Kioti tractors the DK 35, 40, 45 and 50 all take the same filter.
A Napa 1182 or 1324 with the 20x1.5mm thread size.
My Napa book shows the 1311 as being slightly shorter in lenght with 3/4-16 thread size. Every thing else is the same.
Let us know if it threads on OK.

/ Napa Oil Filter
Vince
WILL DO, give me a couple days and I'll change the oil & filter no matter what the hrs are.

Ron

/ Napa Oil Filter #10  
No need to rush an oil change on my account Ron.
Whenever you and the tractor are ready let us know how it went..