2015 HST/4WD

/ 2015 HST/4WD #1  

craigw

Tractor
CK20 HST
Hi All,

I'm new to Mahindra tractors and have a question. Can you get a 2015 HST in 4WD? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm starting to think that the HST is only for 2WD and 4WD are a manual trany.

Thanks,
Craig

/ 2015 HST/4WD #2  
All the 15 series Mahindra's are 4wd. The regular gear models are called xx15 4wd, while the hydrostatic 4wd models are simply called xx15 HST. It's kind of goofy how they label them, but rest assured they are all 4wd.

/ 2015 HST/4WD #3  
Yep, Dave is indeed correct. The 15s are all 4wd. Do be sure to note also the 2015HST has live PTO vs. the gear model does not. An advantage for the HST in the 2015 series. I have a 2615 gear model. The 2615 has live PTO in gear or HST. So far I'm very pleased with it. I've not done much with it in the almost a week's time I've had it but I've looked it over quite thoroughly and I find it to be sturdy and well built. All the 15s are built by Mitsubishi in Japan and the 2015HST you are looking at is virtually identical to the Cub Cadet 7205. Paint color and a few trim details are the only differences I know of. Issues pertaining to reliability and performance are common to the two. My 2615 is common with the Cub Cadet 7260. The Mahindra 15s in my opinion and for my $$$ represent good value. DMB

/ 2015 HST/4WD #4  
My 2015 hst is 4 wheel drive and I really like it. I have 49 hrs on it and it has amazed me with its ability to move heavy rocks and buckets full of dirt. It also removes snow very well. but best of all, it is just plain fun. If you pick one of these, I dare to say you will love it..JohnJ

/ 2015 HST/4WD #5  
I know all the 15 series are 4wd, but is it full time, or can it be disengaged with a lever or pedal. I ask because I am interested in one but haven't taken the time to stop by my local dealer. Thanks

/ 2015 HST/4WD #6  
It can be disengaged. Rear axle can also be locked for additional traction.