new 6000 starter gone.

/ new 6000 starter gone. #1  

turbinesurgun

Bronze Member
6000 starter gone out. only 100 hours on it. is this pretty common or did i just get a bad starter. dealer should have one in very soon.

/ new 6000 starter gone. #2  
Mine's fine. 170 or so hours. Never takes more than a rotation or two (when really cold) to start. Sorry to hear about starter. Is your 6000 a '05 or earlier? bobg in va

/ new 6000 starter gone. #3  
I certainly hope your starter problem is an isolated problem. I noticed that from some of your prior posts - the problem started out with a clicking solenoid, last week you replaced the solenoid, and now the starter is shot. My first suggestion to help you out would have been to check the battery ground cable but you already did that and went to the hydraulic pump housing for a better ground versus the sheet metal ground. I guess at this point, I'd see how the new starter works and take it from there. Having no idea as to where you are as far as factory warranty expiring, I'd make sure you have everything documented in case you might have to replace it again and Mahindra won't cover it. If this were my tractor, I'd let the dealer do the work as he has the manuals. With a car, there are shims to ensure that the starter is square to the flywheel and proper engagement to the ring gear. Good luck with the new starter.

Clyde

/ new 6000 starter gone.
tractor is an 03 i believe. just bought it in september so warranty is still in good effect. it should be in today. can't see taking it to dealer for something like that as dealer is about 80 miles but they have been very good to me. singleton sales in la. thanks for all your help.

/ new 6000 starter gone. #6  
Mine's and '02. Not sure if the parts #s are different though. If you can get a part # I'll check against mine. BobG in Va