oil filter question

/ oil filter question #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
anyone know of an after market oil & hyd filter for mahindra 2615.
thanks,
ken

/ oil filter question #2  
I know you have a Mahindra but the 15 series is basically the same as some of the Cub Cadet line made by Mitsubishi. You’ll find that the Mitsubishi parts are not cheap but none of the manufacturers give their parts away. I have a Cub 7234 and I believe the 2615 is what my 23HP model grew into. My local NAPA dealer put in the Mitsub. Part numbers and he came right up with NAPA oil, fuel, and hydraulic filters which are made by Wix. I bought an oil filter, about $7 from him but the Hydraulic filter was more expensive than I could buy an OEM filter for. I was at a local Mahindra dealer’s Open House last Saturday and one of the Mahindra Reps was there. I asked if Mahindra had done any particular improvements to the Mitsubishi line and he said they had tried to improve some of the specs, i.e. lift ability, and some features, although he didn’t elaborate. I then asked about the high price of the Mit. Parts and asked if Mahindra was producing the parts or if they were just a pass through from Mitsubishi. He said they were just a pass through, so I suspect you’ll find the filters, etc. aren’t cheap. Read some of the back posts on filter cross reference and you’ll find more info. You’ll find that many people will only use OEM regardless of price and others use whatever is easiest, cheapest, etc. If you search on posts under my user name I had some posts for my Cub on filters back in ’03 and ’04 I believe. You also might want to review Cub posts as well as Mahindra as many are the same as the Cub line.

/ oil filter question
can you give me that napa # that fits your cub

/ oil filter question #4  
I took all my new filters in to NAPA and they cross referenced most of them (except the fuel filter). Napa will have them in their books under the Cub Cadet 7275 in their books.

I actually have the part numbers written down but their out in the shed and its dark and raining right now so I'm not going out there. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

What I found was that their prices were signifcantly more than my Mahindra dealer was charging. However, it was nice to know that they had most of them.

I'm sure they could find a match for the fuel filter. It would just take some time opening boxes and comparing.

/ oil filter question #5  
KenMac, Mitsubishi Oil filter MD134 953, Napa Gold 1365. Mit Hydraulic Filter 1964 2509000. I can't remember the Mit. fuel filter # but I crossed it to Napa 3264. That particular fuel filter fit a number of other tractor applications. The Wix site has a pretty good cross reference section for filters. You probably know Wix makes I think all of Napa filters. Fram has some cross referencing as well. I bought a Fleetguard from White's Farm Supply but it was to fat and to long. I think the OEM filters are the best but the Napa may give you an alternative.

/ oil filter question
thanks for all the help guys. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif