Got my 2810

/ Got my 2810 #1  

harley53red

Tractor
Mahindra 2810 HST
Well, I got my used (189 hrs) 2810 with FEL, shredder, and box blade on Thur afternoon. By 9am on Fri I had already snapped off one of the lower arms on the 3point hitch when the boxblade caught a less that cooperative rock. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Seems this must not be too hard to do as the other side had already been repaired. This was a good thing, because it showed me how to have the welder reinforce it. He welded a piece of 1/2" round stock about 5 inches long on the top and bottom of the arm. Presto!!!! Works like a charm!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Anyone else had problems with this?

/ Got my 2810 #2  
Make sure when you pull a 3pt. attachment you leave some slack in your check chains so it will give side to side

/ Got my 2810 #3  
I would've thought it would take a lot of force to have this happen. How much slack should be in the check chains? Just enough so the implement can't swing into the tires?

/ Got my 2810 #4  
Since the other arm had a repair in the same spot the break could have already existed and didn't take a lot of pressure to completely snap it off.

I've seen a lot of arms welded on a lot of different brands over the years.

/ Got my 2810 #5  
Hey , congrats on the machine. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Dave in NH

/ Got my 2810 #6  
If you don'tmind me asking, how much did you pay and what did it come with? I'm looking to upgrade from my 2810.