bucket fast dump

/ bucket fast dump #1  

Tim_in_IA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610HSD, Mahindra 6500 4WD, JD 440ic crawler, 2 560 farmalls.
just wondered how often people use the fast dump feature on the loader? I use it occasionally, but I don't like the noise it makes. It this okay to use often, or is it just for emergency use? Might seem like a strange question, but the noise it makes almost makes you feel like you are doing something wrong or damaging to the machine. What causes the noise?

Thanks!

/ bucket fast dump #2  
Somebody learn me this? What is the "fast dump" feature on a loader??

/ bucket fast dump
on my loader when I push the joystick all the way to the right I beleive it goes to a second position called fast dump (or something to that effect). The bucket dumps much faster, but makes a noise similar to a power steering system that needs more fluid. Maybe not all loaders have this option?

/ bucket fast dump #4  
My loader has the fast dump feature exactly as you describe, by pushing the joystick all the way to the right. But mine makes no unusual noises, it just dumps about twice as fast.

Sounds like something might be awry with your tractor.

/ bucket fast dump
do you know if a different valve is used when you do this? Mine is new, so I was also wondering if there was air in the line still or something. Havent used that feature a whole lot yet.

/ bucket fast dump #7  
I'm certainly no expert on hydraulics, but it seems to me that whether you use the fast dump or regular dump, you're still dealing with one loader control valve and two double acting cylinders. If there were air in the lines, I would think you'd have trouble no matter what.

I use whenever I can. If I can save a couple seconds by using the fast dump feature, I do. I love seat time as much as the next guy, but I also like sitting on my butt in front of the tube as well. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd check your fluid level first, then give your dealer a call and voice your concerns.

/ bucket fast dump #8  
Tbrown is right.
Check your fluid level , if it still does it, change the filter & fluid.
Then yank on your dealers chain !

/ bucket fast dump #9  
Which loaders have this fast dump feature??????

/ bucket fast dump #10  
Here is a description of how the "fast dump" feature works. It is really a regen circuit in dump spool of the loader valve. This disertation was taken from a post a few years back by Kubmech who was responding to the same question in one of the Kubota forums. The theory and implementation is the same for all makes of loader valves.

<font color="blue"> The 3 position valve and the 4 position valve, both have what is known as a regenerative circuit built into the bucket dump circuit.

First let me explain what "regen" is and why.

When dumping a loaded bucket (with a good old fashioned loader control valve) the weight of the material in the bucket tends to pull the cylinders down faster than the hyd. fluid can fill the other side of the bucket cylinders. Therefore, an air pocket will develop in the cylinder causing the bucket to be a little "floppy" unless held against relief for a few seconds at the end of the dump cycle. Which creates an extra step if you want to back-drag, etc.

To solve this problem we now add a regenerative (regen) circuit into the dump function of the loader control valve.

What is "regen"? The dump function of the loader control valve applies hyd. "power" to both sides of the bucket cylinders at the same time. But Kubmech, how the heck is that going to work? Wont the cylinder just lock up and not move? No, because on one side of the cylinder the rod itself takes up space, decreasing the volume of the cylinder, on the other side of the cylinder piston there is, no rod, creating more volume. PSI=pounds per square inch, the more volume the more square inches to apply pounds, get it? O.K. so the back side of the cylinder overcomes the front side of the cyl. due to more volume and at the same time does not allow an air pocket to develop becuase of the added resistence of "hyd. power" to the front side of the cyl. allowing the cylinder to "stay tight" for subsequent operations. And as an added bonus it tends to dump faster due to the higher amount of flow/pressure to perform this operation. (Hence the "fast dump" mode the salesmen love to tell you about) In actuality the "fast dump" mode is just derivative of the regen circuit.

Soooo..... What's the difference between 3-pos. and 4-pos. valves, besides about 35 bucks.

The 3-pos. valve has regen in the dump mode period. The problem with regen is if you want to add, say a snow plow, with power angle running off of the loader control valve, the power angle works off of single acting cylinders. With "hyd. power" being supplied to both sides of the cylinder, you will only be able to angle in one direction and that's it. (back to the whole volume-vs-psi thing again).

The 4-pos. valve has a detented position. When moving the control lever to the right, to dump (or power angle right in the case of the plow) if you choose the first detented position this is the non-regen position and will work just like the good old fashion loader control valve. If you apply a little more pressure on the control lever you will push past the detented position and move into the regen position. Thus, if you have the 4-pos. valve and want to avoid the floppy bucket syndrome you have to push full right to engage regen.

So the bottom line is; both the newer 3-pos. and 4-pos valves have the "fast dump" option. The difference is, do you want to add options to your front loader without having to add an aux valve to you're tractor or not?
</font>