REALLY PO'D WITH BRADCO/MAHINDRA 511 BH

/ REALLY PO'D WITH BRADCO/MAHINDRA 511 BH #1  

BobG_in_VA

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux
REALLY PO\'D WITH BRADCO/MAHINDRA 511 BH

I didn'nt think I'd ever get to this point but here I am. As some of you know I got a 511 Bradco for the 6000 about 3 months ago. First they sent the wrong hydraulic tank/gear (I ordered the 14 gpm PTO pump) but being a novice here I didn't realized it until I had EVERYTHING put together and on the unit. When I backed the 6000 up to it I then realized that this tank/PTO pump would have a bad meeting if I continued. Yes, I complained to Mahindra. They forwarded a new hydraulic tank ONLY. I waited for over two weeks for the balance of the equipment that goes with the tank but to no avail. (I also had ordered an extra 12' bucket with the unit which has never come either....) OK, I got tired of waiting. I took the tank off the unit and pulled all the "stuff" out of it (including over 10 gallons of hydraulic fluid to the tune of 2 oz per pump with a small hand pump). I reinstalled the the "stuff " on the new tank. I also had to make at least 3 trips to a hydraulics hose/supply shop as the unit and the drawings did not match so I had to "improvise". I did and got everything into its own place. Put the new tank on today and filled it up with about 12 gallons of hydraulic fluid. Backed the 6000 up the unit, hooked up the PTO pump. All seems to be well! Once hooked up I started the PTO. got down and put the stabilizer arms down. Whooopee! they worked. THEN I NOTICE THAT THE PTO PUMP WAS LEAKING LIKE A SEIVE! Gear oil, not hydraulic fluid. The instructions said put a quart of 80/90 oil in it. I did. Seemed like it was blowing out as if it was overfilled. I opened the pump and "bled" out about a half quart. Started the unit again and this time it BLEW OUT THE SEAL ON THE PTO CONNECTOR. Along with blow out came about another half quart of gear oil, but it was a strange orangish color, like it had water mixed with it. Oh well, now I have a unit and no way to run it. I'm thinking of telling Mahindra to come and get it. I'm sick of working on this thing. If I was getting $50/hr I'd have over $1500 in trying to get this thing to work. Sorry for the rant but as I have always extolled the virtues of Mahindra, so do I "tell it like it is" when it doesn't do right as well. Mahindra, if you are listening, you need ta do sumptin' soon.....BobG in VA and VERY Pi$$ed

/ REALLY PO'D WITH BRADCO/MAHINDRA 511 BH #2  
Re: REALLY PO\'D WITH BRADCO/MAHINDRA 511 BH

Bob call Mahindra and tell them you want the field service rep there ASAP or.......
If you were by me I would make sure he was at your front door!!

/ REALLY PO'D WITH BRADCO/MAHINDRA 511 BH

Appreciate the reply. Chick's Equipment in Bealeton is where I ordered this stuff from. He has been on the phone with Mahindra at least 6 times over the last month and its like "the checks in the mail". They keep telling him that the the "stuff" is being shipped. Don't have it yet. I have emailed (myself) a fella named Rajan Chugh (rajan.chugh@mahindrausa.com) but I haven't received a reply. I suppose I could email him again but don't hold out hope. You don't have a name/# for a field rep that won't take a month to get here do you??? Oh, thanks again for replying, as I'm really down about this. BobG in VA

Attachments

• 655393-April 20 05 084.jpg
    655393-April 20 05 084.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 153
   / REALLY PO'D WITH BRADCO/MAHINDRA 511 BH #4  

How about Mahindra's 800 no. You probably have it, but in case you don't it is 1 - 800 - 887 - 2286.
I have emailed them in the past with absolutly no replies. This no. however enabled me to get some answers.
Very frustrating experience that you are having. Too bad.

/ REALLY PO'D WITH BRADCO/MAHINDRA 511 BH #5  

Why hasn't the dealer been more proactive and reactive in this matter? A good dealer would have either sent someone out to check out everything, or would have brought the tractor and BH in to find out what was going on. Good dealers make things right, and don't sit back and hope they come out right.

/ REALLY PO'D WITH BRADCO/MAHINDRA 511 BH #6  

Bob,

I haven't checked the forum for a day or so. Just saw the trouble you are having. When I got my tractor I used the backhoe for about an hour and the pump siezed. Dealer came and picked up and replaced pump no questions. I agree you need to call the 800 number and get a live person. Mahindra USA doesn't seem to do so well with the emails. It may also be time to hand the install over to your dealer so they can get it working for you. They need to make it work. I am not sure how much it cost me to have my dealer install but since I had the pump go bad right away the liability factor made it well worth it.

Tim, sorry about YOUR pump as well. I talked to Mahindra and then the dealer. I understand a new pump is being shipped soonest. Since there's about 12 gallons of hydraulic fluid in the new tank, We will replace the the pump above the tank so I don't have to drain it again. More later. Hope this is it. Don't want another screw up.....Bobg in VA

Semi-good new Boys and Girls: I got an email from Mahindra that was sent to them by Bradco; that a new pump is being shipped. More later. BobG in VA

Just a quick note, my "new" hydraulic pump came in. I picked it up this morning on the way to my folks house to do some bushogging and pick up my Internationl 2 pt fast hitch sickle bar mower (for my old Farmall). I'll try and make the change this weekend. By the way, when I was at the dealer's, he advised that Mahindra/Bradco had sent the wrong hyd. tank for a 2810 that they were putting a BH on. Lordy, someone in GA better get their heads screwed on right cause this seems to be systemic....BobG