4110 4wd noise

/ 4110 4wd noise #11  
I agree. This would be a great service if you are from mahindra and listening to the concerns of this group. Great going!

/ 4110 4wd noise
I sent you an email with the info. I am going to call them monday to see if they found anything, since they have a man out for a couple days

/ 4110 4wd noise #13  
Just got my 4110 back from dealer. Problem started just like yours sounds. 4wd noise, got worse, took it to dealer and they found failed transmission bearing BUT it had chewed up some of the transmission case. Had to have new case, bearing, all sorts of other parts, mucho labor. Total cost $1965. Tractor has 620 hours--out of warranty. Dealer said never had seen a trans bearing fail like that. He called Mahindra about ths failure but they would not help. This bearing is internal to trans case and therefore lubed by trans oil. Sounds like a design flaw. This is third time this tractor has been in shop for 4wd trouble--first 2 times was warranty.

I have been very pleased with this tractor but sure hate spending $2000 to fix tractor with only 600+ hours. Hope the MUSA guy reads this.

/ 4110 4wd noise
No progress to speak of. As I noted one mechanic (1/2 the workforce there) was out Thursday & Friday. I spoke to him at about 10:00 this morning and it didn't sound like anything had been done while he was out. It didn't sound like anything was done on it this morning either. It will be one week since they picked it up Wednesday night. How long should I wait before I get angry? I normally would not hesitate to snap on a service provider/store/dealer, but I really like this dealer. I'm thinking that it is not unreasonable to expect my tractor back by close of business on Friday.

/ 4110 4wd noise #15  
Don't set yourself up to be upset. Unless you like the sick feeling in your stomach…. It sounds like you have a great dealer who sent a mechanic out, he new enough that it was a real problem didn’t BS you or minimize the problem. Sent a truck picked it up and got it in the lineup for service.
People get sick and life happens. I know all those broken tractors from other farmers keep my doors open and I'm sure this dealer is no different. Yelling, screaming, nashing of teeth, calling everyday, calling every darn day, calling, calling, calling, slamming your fists on the counter and generally being upset and letting them know about it will actually slow down the repair on your tractor at best. It will also mark you for all time in the dealers mind as a customer to watch out for.
I would be jumping for joy, most tractors have one failure in there lifetime that costs real money and yours happened during the warranty period, sweet! It is going to cost you little if no money and that is why you bought a tractor with a warranty. A warranty is for a short-term financial piece of mind not a guarantee or even a statement that you wont be inconvenienced or that the tractor wont fail.
Give him time to fix the problem correctly. I wouldn’t be upset with my doctor if he took a few extra hours during a major surgery just make sure he put me back together correctly. I am not a Mahindra dealer but I have torn down Korean model transmissions before and they are not something I would be able to reassemble correctly with somebody standing on my shoulders.
When the dealer starts lying to you or tries to cheat you then its time to get angry.

/ 4110 4wd noise
Spoke to dealer this morning. He admits they haven't done much on it this week. He offered a 60 hp loaner and I accepted that offer. It's going to awkard for alot of my jobs, but at least I'll be able to bush hog the fields.

/ 4110 4wd noise
I just spoke to the dealer and the Mahindra Regional rep. They found the problem. The 4wd shifting linkage was not adjusted right and the 4wd was never coming all the way into a neutral position. The shifting lever was rubbing on the side of a gear. The lever, the gear, some bearings, and a few other parts are going to be replaced. They are placing the order for the parts today. Meanwhile I will be content to ride the 6000.

/ 4110 4wd noise #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just spoke to the dealer and the Mahindra Regional rep. They found the problem. The 4wd shifting linkage was not adjusted right and the 4wd was never coming all the way into a neutral position. The shifting lever was rubbing on the side of a gear. The lever, the gear, some bearings, and a few other parts are going to be replaced. They are placing the order for the parts today. Meanwhile I will be content to ride the 6000. )</font>

After receiving your email, I spoke with our tech service department. I'm glad this issue has been resolved.

/ 4110 4wd noise
I suspect your inquiry had something to do with the recent progress, Thanks