mahindra 3510 w/daedong engine

/ mahindra 3510 w/daedong engine #1  

nworbekim

Bronze Member
Tractor
mahindra 3510
is the daedong diesel in the 3510 the same as the cubcadets are using?

guess i got into a hurry on this one... thought i'd done my homework and that mitsubishi was the manufacturer... but, when i set down and finallly looked at the user manual, i find the daedong company made this motor...

i'm not at all familiar with that name... having only used USA machinery in the past...

any input?

thanx...

/ mahindra 3510 w/daedong engine #2  
<font color="green">
is the daedong diesel in the 3510 the same as the cubcadets are using? </font>

Daedong is the parent company of the Kioti brand sold here in the US. Daedong makes very good engines, the Mahindra 3510 tractor is not the same tractor as the Kioti DK35 or its twin the Cub Cadet 8354 (both the Kioti & Cub are the same tractor, just different paint). However, it is very likely that the engines are either the same or use the same block with some modifications. All 3 are within an inch of 100 cubic inches, power is at rated speed is virtually identical, etc. While the engines are probably the same basic power plant, the Mahindra tractor is not the same tractor as the Cub/Kioti tractor. I would expect you should have no more trouble with that engine than with any other brand.

<font color="green"> thought i'd done my homework and that mitsubishi was the manufacturer... but, when i set down and finallly looked at the user manual, i find the daedong company made this motor... </font>

In their smaller sizes, Mitsu makes some of the Mahnidras, TYM makes other models. I believe the Mitsu models are 100% Mitsu while the TYM models would be built by TYM using a Daedong engine.

/ mahindra 3510 w/daedong engine #3  
The 15 series tractors are made by Mitsubishi, including the engines.

/ mahindra 3510 w/daedong engine #4  
You could stake your life on that Daedong engine. You don't have to worry.

GLAWALL
Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
Batavia, NY