3-Point Hitch 3 point hoe

/ 3 point hoe #1  

DublinDad

I've been looking at a 2810 at a Mahindra dealer in VT and he's trying to sell me a 8' BH on a 3 point hitch. He says the 2810 doesn't need a sub frame BH. He also says Mahindra has no intention of discontinuing the "10" series. Is he correct or should I look for another dealer?

/ 3 point hoe #2  
every mounted backhoe needs a subframe mount unless you want to risk having two halves of a tractor instead of 1 functional tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif A backhoe can lift the whole tractor off the ground easy. You don't want that kind of stress not being distributed across the whole machine.

/ 3 point hoe #3  
They are not discontinuing the "10" series just certian models
The 2310 and 2810 will be replaced by the 3510 which is the same tractor just more hp.
The tractor is by far heavey enough to handel the 3 pt hoe
Although the tractor manufacture might not stand behind the warranty the backhoe mfg should.

/ 3 point hoe #4  
Well, I don't have a backhoe /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but it seems if there's one thing the overwhelming majority of TBNers agree on, it's that a tractor mounted hoe, no matter the brand, no matter the model, should have a subframe.

A tractor is a big investment. There are subframe mounted backhoes available for the 2810. Why take a chance when you don't have too? To save a few bucks? What's piece of mind worth?

Just my .02

/ 3 point hoe #5  
Mahindra USA does not recommend the use of a 3-point backhoe. Using a non-Mahindra backhoe may void the warranty.

/ 3 point hoe #6  
<font color="blue"> I've been looking at a 2810 at a Mahindra dealer in VT and he's trying to sell me a 8' BH on a 3 point hitch. He says the 2810 doesn't need a sub frame BH. He also says Mahindra has no intention of discontinuing the "10" series. Is he correct or should I look for another dealer? </font>
- Go with the subframe mount 3375, its a real nice set up, pull 2 pins and 2 quick couples and the hoe is off. It will save you alot of headaches in the long run. Just the time it saves mounting and dismounting the hoe. Also Non Mahindra backhoes/3 pt backhoe can void the warranty. We have heard from a few people that have bought Mahindra's from up that way with 3 point mounted red bradco's and ended up adding the subframe after the fact.
As far as the 2810 being discontinued the HST version has been, but I have not heard the gear version being discontinued.