Chains 3510 check chains

/ 3510 check chains #1  

Larry_Sheehan

I am confused...my dealer delivered the tractor with the check chains in the second of the 3 holes in the lift arms.
There's a decal on the rear by the fuel tank that seems to indicate that that hole should be used for a rotary cutter (shredder), which implies that the check chains should be
secured to the outermost end of the lift arms.

No problem to move them, but are they positioned incorrectly?

/ 3510 check chains #2  
I believe you will find the second hole will work well for most operations and you will not have to change it all the time. Most of my customers just leave it in the middle position and it works fine.

GLaWall
Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
Batavia, NY 14020

/ 3510 check chains #3  
Larry,
It will vary some. All implements are not built to the ASAE standards. If they were we could say we always use "x" hole with all implements, but they aren't.

/ 3510 check chains #4  
"rotary" in Japan or Korea refers to a tiller, which normally has higher pin locations so the rear holes are used for the side lift arms (not the check chains) so that the tiller can be raised off the ground enough for transport. Maybe that is what they mean?

/ 3510 check chains #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "rotary" in Japan or Korea refers to a tiller, which normally has higher pin locations so the rear holes are used for the side lift arms (not the check chains) so that the tiller can be raised off the ground enough for transport. Maybe that is what they mean? )</font>

Yep, the rotary position is reflective of the yoke rod and lower links, rather than the check chains, according to the 3510/4110 manual I am holding.

I did not realize that "rotary" referred to rototillers, but it does make sense. I thought it was intended for "rotary" mowers, aka bush hog. I do know when I use the bush hog I don't have to change any of the liftarm adjustments.

/ 3510 check chains #6  
Larry, I'm sure I could be wrong here but I'm reasonably sure that the check chains aren't normally moved to different locations in the lift arms - the lift/levelling links are what are moved for different implements. I have rarely even had to adjust my check chains, but I only use the same boxblade, rotary cutter, and PHD. I leave just a touch of slack in them when the implement is mounted - for instance my boxblade will move back & forth about an inch or two when raised off the ground. Makes it much easier to change implements. As far as moving the lift arms, I've never had to on my 4110 switching between the rotary cutter & boxblade or PHD - they all have worked well as it came from the dealer, which is in the "rotary" setting on the label on the tractor, and I just clicked over 800 hours. You'll just have to experiment with your implements to see if the hitch raises & lowers them to the proper heights for their configurations and/or weights.

/ 3510 check chains #7  
I just moved my rods out to the outermost hole past the chains for the brushhog. It just gives me a little more in the woods which I need. If I was working in fields I wouldnt have moved a thing.

/ 3510 check chains
OK thanks, I wanted a bit more height in my field due to rocks, so I had moved the rods to the rearmost position already.