some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #1  

justinbechard

some mahindra\'s seem to be nothing but trouble

my 2810 has had more than its fair share of problems for a new tractor and i dont seem to be the only one. I purchased my tractor new so that i would not have to fix it. Granted i have not fixed it but when i want to get something done around the house it seems to break down. My dealer has been great about repairing it, but there have been several posts lately about mahindra problems on new machines. It appears that some people love em but on the other end some appear to be just plain lemons. I have friends with JD & kabota compacts and they have had no such problems. Is mahindras quality lacking, when i purchased my tractor there was very little complants on the TBN now it seems thats all there is.
Oh by the way it blew some module again and to start i have to cross the starter, second time this month.

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #2  
Re: some mahindra\'s seem to be nothing but trouble

We have very, very few problems with Mahindras. They aren't perfect, nor are John Deere, New Holland, Kubota or others. Sorry you are having some problems and I hope your dealer continues to give you good support and gets to the bottom of the electrical issue.

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #3  

Yeah I second that and couple it with a dealer that won't keep his word makes you terribly mad! I am through this time! Regardless of loss mine is gone when it's fixed!

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #4  

I understand the problems you are having with your tractor.
However I do think that a dealer will make a difference in a tractor name.
Each and every tractor brand does have its share of problems.
As for your problems I beleave it is the dealer that is putting the bad tast in your mouth.. Not the tractor brand.
What I do know is that parts are shared between manufactures and parts are also sourced from out side suppliers.Which means yes you mahindra does share parts with kubota and kioti and...... Beleave it or not.
Everybody raves about John Deere heck in all reality they don't even make their own machines.

I just hope that anyone that purchases a tractor does also look into their dealer not just into the $$$.

Sorry JMO don't mean to start a war /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It appears that some people love em but on the other end some appear to be just plain lemons. I have friends with JD & kabota compacts and they have had no such problems. )</font>

Read some of the threads under the big three names, you'll see problems (even major ones) aren't isolated to one brand.

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #6  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Read some of the threads under the big three names, you'll see problems (even major ones) aren't isolated to one brand. )</font>

While this is very true. Its nieve to think that some brands don't excell over others in this area. I will openly admit that we have less problems with Kubota tractors than New Hollands. When reading forums about other problems you also need to take into account pure sales volumes. Kubota sells about 12x as many tractors as Mahindra, so I'd expect to see a fair amount more posts about people with issues.

disclaimer - I'm a NH/Kubota dealer and said nothing scathing Mahindra... I'm just trying to promote some discussion.

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #7  

MessickFarmEqu,

While some other dealer brands may excel in this area, I think you will only see Mahindra improve in this regard. The other brands have the distinct advantage of time on their sides. Mahindra will gain this and mature appropriately. Thank you for spurring the discussion /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #8  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When reading forums about other problems you also need to take into account pure sales volumes. Kubota sells about 12x as many tractors as Mahindra, so I'd expect to see a fair amount more posts about people with issues. )</font>

I agree. People should read as much as possible on this site to help them make a more informed opinion.

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #9  

My opinion on the matter is that Mahindra has just as good a product as any of the other manufacturers. I had a serious problem with mine earlier this year (4110 broken bolts) but that problem was corrected and I still say that prior to and since that episode, I have been extremely happy with the service my tractor has given me. My main gripe was the lack of service/communication from Mahindra at the time and then they finally stepped up to the plate and took care of my situation and I am satisfied. Ask 100 different people which brand is better - Ford, GM, Chysler, Kubota, JD, Massey, NH - you'll get 100 varying answers. They all have built shining stars and lemons both. Any man-made mechanical contrivance can and eventually will fail, some just sooner than others. Mahindra has been building tractors for decades, just like the rest of them, they have probably just as many units out there as the other companies, just not all in the USA. I'm sure once they get their dealer network established well and weed-out the riff raff, they will be right up there with the other companies in sales and service.

/ some mahindra's seem to be nothing but trouble #10  

If you experience a problem that you believe has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please email me at marketing@mahindrausa.com. I cannot promise I can resolve every issue, but I will look into the matter and provide a response.

We have exceptional customer satisfaction with our tractors. No, not every one is perfect, but then what man-made mechanical device is. I can tell you we will try to ensure you are a happy and satisfied customer.