Mahindra test drive

/ Mahindra test drive #1  

KevinW

Bronze Member
I test drove a 35 HP Mahindra w/ shuttle shift, and it drove nice. But I was quoted $18,000 for the tractor w/FEL. After investigating, I've found the Kama brand with shuttle shift and I can get a 35HP unit with FEL and backhoe for much less than $18,000.
If I'm going to have problems, I'd rather have them on a less expensive machine.

Image05.jpg

/ Mahindra test drive #2  
Looks like Kama forgot to put the FEL on your tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Mahindra test drive #3  
Kama is a Chinese built tractor, Mahindra is built in South Korea. The Koreans are lightyears ahead of the Chinese in quality.

/ Mahindra test drive #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Koreans are lightyears ahead of the Chinese in quality.)</font>

Hmm. I was just changing the battery in my Bose Quiet Comfort II headphones and I noticed a "Made in China" tag on them. The QCII headphones are pretty well universally considered high end. How can that be that since they are made in China? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I know of no Korean made headphones of higher quality.

/ Mahindra test drive #5  
Once again, I am confused /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I was under the impression the Mahindra's were manufactured in India. Will one of the resident experts please clarify.

Thanks,

John

/ Mahindra test drive #6  
Mahindra's "big" tractors ("00" series in particular) are built by Mahindra in India. The compacts ("10" series, et al) are built in S. Korea by TYM. TYM builds tractor under about 3 or 4 names.....BobG in VA

/ Mahindra test drive #7  
They are not made in India on the size your looking at!

/ Mahindra test drive #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Mahindra's "big" tractors ("00" series in particular) are built by Mahindra in India. The compacts ("10" series, et al) are built in S. Korea by TYM. TYM builds tractor under about 3 or 4 names.....BobG in VA )</font>

Bob, while the 10 series is built by TYM in Korea, I've also been under the impression that at least some of the 15 series are built by Mitsubishi in Japan. Is that correct?

/ Mahindra test drive #9  
The 15 series do have Mitsubishi engines, but I'm not sure if Mitsu builds them or if TYM takes the engines from Mitsu....???
BobG in VA

/ Mahindra test drive #10  
I believe Mitsubishi makes the whole 15 series tractor.