Need some 4110 assistance...

/ Need some 4110 assistance... #1  

Keith_B

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4110
...I was out pushing and clearing more brush yesterday and in the middle of the bramble was a downed 6" tree. The edge of the tree's limb must have caught the level indicator rod on the bucket and bent it without my noticing it. When I went to curl the bucket I bent the rod nearly double. I figure the easiest way to get it fixed would be to just get a metal rod and have it welded on and paint it red. The only problem is that the rod is in such poor condition I don't think I can get an accurate measure. Can anyone help me out by giving me the measure of the length of the rod?

/ Need some 4110 assistance... #2  
Seems to me, the only measurement you need is the diameter of the rod. Put the loader down, bucket flat on the ground and take a measurement from the spot the rod hits the bucket to the top of the indicator tube. Buy some rod several inches long, install on the bucket and cut it off where it sticks out of the indicator tube.

Simple!

/ Need some 4110 assistance... #3  
Keith,

I did the same thing a while back, not sure if I bent mine as bad as you describe. My solution was to take the level indicator assembly off the loader, pull the rod out, and bend it straight using the toothbar on the bucket as leverage!! Worked great for me and you can hardly tell it was ever bent. Those things do stick out in a vulnerable position.

Basically I just had to remove the 2 bolts that hold it on, bend it straight, and put back on. Took about 15 minutes..

Yours might be bent beyond repair though based on your description.

/ Need some 4110 assistance...
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Keith,

I did the same thing a while back, not sure if I bent mine as bad as you describe. My solution was to take the level indicator assembly off the loader, pull the rod out, and bend it straight using the toothbar on the bucket as leverage!! Worked great for me and you can hardly tell it was ever bent. Those things do stick out in a vulnerable position.

Basically I just had to remove the 2 bolts that hold it on, bend it straight, and put back on. Took about 15 minutes..

Yours might be bent beyond repair though based on your description.

)</font>

I don't think I can straighten mine enough to put it back in service.