Mahindra 5500 FEL Mantainence

/ Mahindra 5500 FEL Mantainence #1  

LeadPoison

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900
I have been looking hard at this model and have come across only one possible issue. I will be performing my own basic maintenance like fluids, oil, filters etc... One review I read stated that it was a real pain to replace the filter due to hydraulic and fuel lines in the way. He said you even needed to remove and bleed the fuel lines to do it. Sounds a little involved and far fetched to me. What is your take on it? Plus how easy/hard do find maintenance to be.

/ Mahindra 5500 FEL Mantainence #2  
Which filter are you talking about? If it's the oil filter... I can't imagine it being that hard. Some are a bit tough to get to... but I don't see all that needing to be done. Maybe you could look at one at the dealer and see for yourself. Fuel and hyd. filters are at times harder to get to than the oil filter. But even at that case, they don't need to be serviced very often. I've serviced all types of tractors and I've never seen one that fuel lines or anything of the sort had to be removed to do basic maintenance.

Hope that helps a bit.

/ Mahindra 5500 FEL Mantainence #3  
I bought a 5500 about 3 weeks ago. I will be doing all of my own service work also. I haven't seen anything like you are talking about. I am going down to work on it (see new thread) and I'll look for you.

/ Mahindra 5500 FEL Mantainence
Thanks chief.

I left you a reply on your post.

/ Mahindra 5500 FEL Mantainence #5  
Lead- I didn't see anything that would have to be removed for filter changes. It does look like a tight fit with the FEl arms but its all do-able.

/ Mahindra 5500 FEL Mantainence
Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the info and your time.