New Mahindra Owner

/ New Mahindra Owner #1  

duckkiller

Tractor
mahindra 2615hst
I just bought a new 2615HST right before Labor Day '05 I have been watching the threads on this site for a while now. I just wanted to say that I enjoy all the info. passed back and forth and all the help that is supplied and offered. I must say, I am totally satisfied with my new tractor and would reccomend Mahrindra to anyone.

/ New Mahindra Owner #2  
duckkiller
Good luck with your new tractor, hope it serves you well like mine has

/ New Mahindra Owner #3  
Congrats on the new tractor! Do you mind if I ask what attachments you got with it and what did you pay?

Have fun!

/ New Mahindra Owner
I don't mind at all. I paid 13,850 for the Tractor with a FEL. I also bought a 5' Kodiac Box Blade and a 5' Kodiac Bush Hog. I have only got 20hrs on the Tractor but have enjoyed all 20 hrs. of it. My Son and I build houses on the side so I will use it for finish work and moving material around. As for the BB and BH, i paid 1000. for both. So far I have used the bushhog to cut 5 acres that I have that is just a field. I have a total of 10 acres. the bushhog is very quiet and smooth. I have about a 1/4mile gravel lane to my house so i know the bb will put to good use.

/ New Mahindra Owner #5  
Congrats on your new tractor. I've had my 2615HST just over a year now. I transport it between 3 properties for various jobs and it hasn't let me down yet. Only problem I had was the loader control valve had to be replaced with a heavier duty one (under warranty of course). Only have about 100 hrs. on it after 1 yr.

/ New Mahindra Owner #6  
I opted for the gear model (2615 4WD) in early August. I've been well pleased with it so far. I need more seat time, though. I only have about 20 hours on it. I've gotten lots of use out of the FEL (I do wish I had a toothbar on it) and recently purchased a KK 5' rotary mower.

I gave the 5' rotary mower a workout yesterday afternoon mowing below the dam at my dad's pond. The tractor and mower both performed very well even when cutting 2"+ pine, sweetgum, and sandbar willow saplings. I only had the tires turn loose once going up a fairly steep slope. Engaging the rear differential lock stopped the slippage and pulled me on up the hill. There were lots of spots where the slope was more than I was comfortable mowing, so I left it for manual work with a slingblade or trimmer with a blade.

The tractor/kutter survived it all wonderfully. I, on the other hand, now have raging allergies! I went and got a steroid shot this morning and am feeling much better. I've got to start wearing a dust mask when mowing in extremely dry conditions!

Later,

BR

/ New Mahindra Owner #7  
Thanks Duckkiller. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Have fun with it... and let us know how it works out for you once you get some more hours on it. And also... if you get the chance... post a review on it in the review section. Not many people do that and I wish more did.

Thanks

/ New Mahindra Owner
I would post a review but, I am not sure on how to do that. I thought I had included the attachments so eveyone could see what I had, but I guess I didn't do something correct. Maybe one of y'all could help me a little........Thanks!!

/ New Mahindra Owner
I think I figured the "review" section out. I posted a review, I hope I put in the correct place. If I didn't, I am sure someone will let me know.