Diff Lock

/ Diff Lock #1  

swampyankee

Tractor
3510 HST
I own a 3510 HST and have used the Diff lock quite a bit and now it does not want to lock in. It just clicks when you have your foot on the pedal and the wheels don't lock together. Or if they do lock together as soon as there is any traction needed they come unlocked and I feel the clicking in the foot pedal. Feels like the teeth aren't engaging or poping out under pressure. Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

/ Diff Lock #2  
That sure doesn't sound good. When I bought my 4110 the dealer told me to never engage the diff lock when I was moving, always engage with the wheels stopped, then let the clutch out and get it going. Apparently there is a risk of damaging the lock if it is engaged on the fly, as it puts a lot of stress on things.

/ Diff Lock #3  
The samething happens on yanmar FX series machines
people step on the diff lock while the rpms. are up there and break the ring & pinion & spider gears to boot. Im tired of relacing them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Diff Lock
My dealer looked into my diff lock problem kicking out and it turned out that dirt and gavel was blocking the engage foot lever from fully engaging. They also adjusted the lever. It now works fine. He also took the inspection plate off the rear end to see if it did any damage and it had not. Just rounded the edges a very small amount on the teeth that mesh when it is engaged. He was very easy to work with, by picking up and delivering the tractor back to me. So far all the dealer work that he has done I've had no complaints, he is right there when I need him. The tractor now has 180 Hrs. on it in a year and I have used it hard. The dealer is Nutron equipment in Eliot Maine, I would recommend them to anyone. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Diff Lock #5  
I bought a 2015HST from them they come to house for service and have been excellent.