Mahindra 6500

/ Mahindra 6500 #1  

Frankg

Tractor
mf 150,165
Looking at the 6500 any advice good or bad will be helpfull.
I am a massey fan just can't stand the price and used I may as well keep what I've got now

Thanks

/ Mahindra 6500 #2  
i love my 6500 4X4 i belive the tractor is underrated i believe it has more than 65 horses. I have done a lot of serious work down here in hurricane alley. It may look like crap after the barn fell on it when it was only 2 days old but that is thanks to katrina you will not go wrong. If you plan on a FEL make sure you get the 4X4 though my 2 cents

/ Mahindra 6500
Thanks For the info I am from Vermont really need the 4 wheel drive I will be using it for haying, getting out fire wood,
snow plowing, and just general loader work.

Thanks again
Frank

/ Mahindra 6500 #4  
I enjoy mine. I have loaded, (rimgard), Ags. With loader/winch etc. it is around 11,000 lbs. This is real good for some things I do, and bad for other tasks. This was my main concern once I rec'd it.

Ideally, for me, this, and a smaller CUT would work quite well. Practically, I can only have one tractor. The tasks I do with it are quite varied, from working close to the house/yard, to working in the woods.

Because of this varied use, I purchased a set of R-4s also. It takes a couple of hours and some friggin' with the riggin', to change them in my garage. For me, this works real well. Ags in the winter, when most wood is cut. The loaded ags are also better for heavy loader work. I have pushed over and dug up lots of trees, The largest being 15-16" "Popal" and spruce. (see attachment). (I think this must be where I busted my headlight. I have working on "armouring " it ever since.) Ones that I can't push, I have been able to dig the stump out. Some large hardwoods, and pines are tough, but doable. (I am thinking of getting a "Skidsteer" BHoe to use with my QA.)

I enjoy the power when I need it. Smaller machines frustrate me a lot.

Being mechanically challanged, I really appreciate the lack of "gadgets". It's seems more like an old fashion tractor.

I have noticed that I do "ride" the clutch at certain times. I try my darnest not to. As slow as it can go, I would like it to go slower for certain tasks.

Another note: No facts or figures, and I am not a mechanic, but my opinion is that it's pretty economical as far a fuel use is concerned.

I would definitely recommend 4WD! Even with all this weight, I find plenty of opportunities to use it.

I would also recommend the QA loader and a block heater.

Any questions I might be able to help with, please ask.

Attachments

• 808797-jEasier than a chain saw small.jpg
    808797-jEasier than a chain saw small.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 375
   / Mahindra 6500 #5  
Frankg,

You can't go wrong with the 6500. Be sure to get 4wd. This is one serious machine. Get the tires filled if doing heavy loader work. Mine aren't filled (yet, going to go the WW fluid route soon) but the loader can reall boss you around. It is a definite powerhouse!

I also recommend getting it with the Skid steer compatible quick attach on the front. This allows you to use skid steer attachments and is a snap to operate.

/ Mahindra 6500
I went the the dealer (General Truck in westminister ) to test drive one, it was great, they will be delivering it next tuesday.
It has FEL, quick detach, block heater, ag tires, and a canopy
which was my wifes requist sense she does the baling. I traded both Masseys in 150 &165, Which made me a little nervous, but the dealer said if I had problems he would bring up a loaner. I really like the old technolgy on this tractor. Just a basic tractor without all the bells and whistles. Reminds me of the the MF's. Well thanks Again for all of your advice. Will keep you posted after I've really put it to work.

Thanks
Frank

/ Mahindra 6500 #8  
Now that's fast turnaround! Congrats on the tractor purchase! Be sure to post pictures. I'd love to see the canopy.

/ Mahindra 6500
HI
I did get the tractor it is great, even my dad likes it a die hard JD guy. Thanks again

Frank

/ Mahindra 6500 #10  
I also have a Mahindra 6500; three things: (1) Exactly where do you add the engine oil ? Operator manual diagram does not look like my tractor?? (2) I have a Mahindra front end loader and putting the bucket on and the forks is very difficult. Does Mahindra make any type of quick connect? (3) Tractor has to be jumped in cold weather!
Any help appreciated!
Wayne from Tennessee