2615HST vs 3015HST

/ 2615HST vs 3015HST #1  

miles2go

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST 4WD
Finally got to drive the 2615HST and the 3015HST at the Mahindra dealer. Wow! Very impressed. Big tires, lots of ground clearance, and power on the FEL.

The major differences between the two are the FEL and the engines. About $2200 difference in cost. I'm leaning towards the 3015HST because of the stronger FEL. What I want to accomplish with the tractor is explained in the thread here .

Originally I figured I'd need a BH, but I'm now leaning towards no BH and using the FEL for grading and light digging chores and for grubbing manzanita brush. One reason for more FEL power and a heavier CUT.

I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

/ 2615HST vs 3015HST #2  
The 3015HST is also more powerful at elevation as it is turbo'd. You lose about 4% per 1000 foot elevation with a non-turbo. The 3015 puts out about 34HP since they installed the turbo on it. Plus it has two cold start aids, the heated grid and glow plugs, so it starts very fast and it's quiter than the 2615. The extra 300 lbs lift is nice too. Even so, we sell more 26's than 30's due to the price difference. The 26 is a great machine so most go for it , but the 30 is my favorite. You can't go wrong with either, but if you can swing the extra $$, you won't regret it.

If you are in Southern Oregon I suppose you are dealing with Rogue Valley Equipment? Great guys with a real professional shop. They were here today picking up some inventory.

/ 2615HST vs 3015HST
That's the shop. Yes, I heard they were coming home with goodies.

So is the K3M-D turbo engine really a stealth 34hp engine, which they have been marketing as a 30hp?

Glad to hear about the turbo and elevation. I'm at 2400' so I'd lose some real horses without the turbo.

/ 2615HST vs 3015HST #4  
They turbo'd the 3015 to meet emissions, but they never re-rated it in the brochures. It added a nice 4 HP. The 26 actually makes a little more than 26, but not a lot more. At 2400', you probably have almost 9-10 more HP with the 3015. They didn't pick up a 3015 today, but if they run out, I have three in stock and 10 more arriving later this week, so they can get one from us then.

The nice thing about Rogue Valley is that they have real mechanics, plus parts, service, delivery, etc. They are not a car lot that also sells trailers, boats and tractors. They used to sell and service these Mitsu tractors back when Cub Cadet brought them in, so they have a lot of experience.

/ 2615HST vs 3015HST #5  
I looked long and hard at the 2615 and the 3015 before ultimately opting to go with the 2015 (80% of the hours on my tractor are spent mowing the lawn). In my opinion, the choice between the two is a no-brainer. For only 2 grand you get a 15% increase in hp, maybe closer to 30% in high altitude cases, yet the physical size of the tractor is the same. You can get more work done in less time and run bigger implements. You'll rarely hear someone on these boards say they wished they had less hp, more is generally better.

I'd go with the 3015.

Just my .02

/ 2615HST vs 3015HST #6  
The brochure I have says the 3015 is about 10 inches longer. I was wondering about the accuracy of those figures.

Of course, I have an Agco brochure that says their competing tractor has a turning circle of 98 feet, too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 2615HST vs 3015HST #7  
3015 - the HST eats up some HP and my 2615 Gear is a little underpowered sometimes. It would be really underpowered if it lost some HP to the HST tranny.

The better FEL is probably worth it too.

/ 2615HST vs 3015HST #8  
I bought a 3015 with 110 FEL about 2 months ago. Could'nt be happier. Elevation here is about 3400.

I have been using the FEL to move very wet snow with no problems. Also have been using the Lorenz blower to great success. I have buried the blower in wet snow and it will bog the engine down but with the extra HP from the turbo I haven't had it stall on me yet.

The tractor is very stable even with a big load in the FEL.

Only have 45hrs on it but I would'nt change a thing.