Mahindra 4530 misfiring

/ Mahindra 4530 misfiring #1  

DownSouth

Hancock County Mississippi (Katrina Ground Zero)
Tractor
2006 4530 w/FEL
Does anyone have a 4530 that has had a problem with the tractor spitting and sputtering and blowing white smoke at higher RPMs when it is warm?

I have had this problem since day 1. I called the dealer the first day. They sent a Mechanic who changed a KSB selenoid. I was told this was very common. It should fix itself with use but the ones the tractors are shipped with have problems to enable them to pass EPA emissions test.

Well to make a long story short, the problem continued. The dealer has sent a mechanic three times to fix this problem, picked the tractor up on two other occasions and said it was fixed and returned it. The last time, the mechanic came, I demonstrated the problem, he acknowledged it was not running properly. He checked fuel flow, stated everything was OK there, threw his hands up and said talk to the Mahindra Rep., got in his truck and left.

I have e-mailed Mahindra, to no avail. I have left messages for the manager of the dealership (not yet returned). My fear is I am stuck with a tractor with less than 50 hours that runs like crap. HELP!

/ Mahindra 4530 misfiring #2  
Welcome to TBN. Sorry you are having troubles. There were a few KSB troubles, but that is an easy fix. Polluted fuel could cause this and happens more often than you would think. In any event, you will not be stuck because Mahindra will make it right. You can be sure of that.

Send me a detailed email if you don't mind and I will pass it on to Mahindra for speedy response. You can click on my name to the left and it will take you to my profile which gives you my address.

I know this week and next many of the Mahindra reps are at some major farm shows, so there might be a small response delay, but not much.

/ Mahindra 4530 misfiring #3  
Downsouth, Unplug the KSB sensor and put a jumper wire in it's place. If this solves your problem, the KSB sensor is definately your problem. If it doesn't then the problem is somewhere else in the fuel delivery. If the problem is indeed the KSB, I would leave the jumper wire in until Mahindra gets there to fix the problem. I know Dave will get you some help if you email him. Keep us up to date on the thread.

Galen LaWall
Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
Batavia, NY 14020
585-343-0770

PS: If you need any help from me, feel free to call.

/ Mahindra 4530 misfiring #4  
Downsouth, thanks for the PM. I sent it on to MUSA last night and you will get excellent service very soon. Good idea on a temporary bypass of the KSB for testing.

/ Mahindra 4530 misfiring #5  
I received the email from Dave's Tractor and have forwarded the email, as well as the link to this discussion to our Product Support group. Downsouth, please email me within a few days and let me know how things are progressing. Thank you.

/ Mahindra 4530 misfiring #7  
Down South,
Fill out your profile with further info. please. I have the number for a regional feild service rep if these guys can't help. Pm me if you want it! He helped a neighbor of mine get some problems lined out and left his card for me when he heard from the neighbor that I had been having some problems.

/ Mahindra 4530 misfiring
Guys;

A tech rep from Mahindra and a mechanic from the dealer met me at my property today. They worked on it for about an hour. Apparently the timing on the injection pump was out. Anyway, I worked the tractor for about two hours after they were finished and it ran fine.

That was pretty quick service and yes Mahindra and Scott's tractors both have went out of their way. Many thanks to both and thanks to you guys here at tractorbynet especially Dave.

/ Mahindra 4530 misfiring #9  
I bought a used 4110 from Scotts and had electrical problems with it, luckily it was still under warranty but I was 60 miles from the dealership. He made 3 trips to my property and took the tractor back to the dealership to find the problem. The problem was corrected and not even a bil for mileage or service calls. Scott's is a great dealership to work with.