When's turbo technology coming?

/ When's turbo technology coming? #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
When\'s turbo technology coming?

India's first turbo tractor

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, India's No I tractor manufacturer, launched in Chennai its latest offering, the first Indian tractor with turbo technology the 'Mahindra Sarpanch 595 Di Super Turbo'. Developed specifically to meet the needs of the progressive Indian farmer, this superior technology brings with it a whole host of advantages, which together represent a quantum leap in new-age tractor technology, said K J Davasia, executive director & president, farm equipment sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.

"Mahindra Tractors has always been in the forefront of introducing the most advanced technologies for the benefit of its consumers. We are proud to present India's first turbo-tractor -the Mahindra Sarpanch 595 or Super Turbo. The Super Turbo represents a quantum leap in tractor technology, the same technology that is used for jet planes and ships is now in the Mahindra tractor."

Equipped with the superior turbo engine, the Mahindra Sarpanch 595 DI Super Turbo offers 25 per cent more power and operational speed, enabling the farmer to complete a larger amount of work in a relatively short period of time leading to higher productivity, he said. In addition to these, the turbo technology also offers superior fuel efficiency and is environment-friendly with Iow emissions, he added.

Avinash Patankar, general manager - sales, farm equipment sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, echoed this sentiment. "The launch of the Mahindra Sarpanch 595 Di Super Turbo reinforces our leading position in the state of Tamil Nadu. This product is most suitable for advanced applications, like combined harvester and heavy duty applications like hard soil tilling and heavy haulage."

Recently, Mahindra Tractors was awarded the prestigious Japanese award - the Deming Prize for Quality Excellence. Regarded as the Oscar in the world of manufacturing, it is given to companies that have established total quality management in their entire business operations, ranging from human resource, product development, sales and marketing processes, vendors to its commitment to corporate citizenship, Patankar said.

"With plants in Mumbai and Nagpur and satellite plants in Jaipur and Rudrapur, the farm equipment sector of Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd manufactures tractors, which are state-of-the-art and technologically one of the most advanced. A leader in the Indian market for 20 consecutive years, Mahindra Tractors has over 9.5 lakh satisfied customers across India. Mahindra Tractors also boasts of being the fourth largest in the world in terms of units sold. Mahindra tractors are exported to the United States, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Zimbabwe and several European countries," he added.

/ When's turbo technology coming? #2  
Re: When\'s turbo technology coming?

That appears to refer to the Indian market? The 7520 is turbo'd and made in India for the USA market and we've had it for over a year now. Of course the Mitsu built 15 series uses some turbo engines also.

/ When's turbo technology coming?
Re: When\'s turbo technology coming?

I know that particular tractor is made for the Indian market. I just wondered if anyone had heard of any new models coming down the pipe, especially you dealers. It seems that a lot of manufacturers are going turbo to help pass the new emmisions tests. With the intro of the 7520 one would expect to see more along that line.
Me I'm hoping Mahindra will go the way of Kioti and team up to use the perkins or cummins in about an 80 or 90 horse cab 4x4 tractor. I geuss I'll have to settle on the 7010 cab for now.