Lenar made by Mahindra?

/ Lenar made by Mahindra? #2  
Mahindra does not even make a tractor of their own that small.... lol Why would they buy from TYM and Mitsubishi if they did?.... don't stand too close to that guy... u may get a contact high... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Lenar made by Mahindra? #3  
I thought I read somewhere about Mahindra buying the company that had manufactured that tractor, but not at the time that model was made. I could easily be wrong on this one though. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Lenar made by Mahindra? #4  
My understanding is that Mahindra bought an 80% interest in the plant that used to make Lenar. This was over a year ago. So there is a connection of sorts, but this advertisement on eBay is just plain wrong. A Lenar has not ever been built by Mahindra. Time will tell if Mahindra decides to import into the USA an economy tractor built in China to Mahindra specs and Mahindra quality control. I know the tractor that is built by Mahindra in China will be very much different that the Lenar as the Lenar lacked quality in several areas.

/ Lenar made by Mahindra? #5  
Dave
I can tell you that a lady representing herself as working for Mahindra came to the American Jawa/Zetor booth at the Louisville show and tried to sell us the Lenar tractors. So this ebayer may not be far from correct if it was sold to him the same way they were trying to sell us. I am not saying there was anything wrong with what she said or did only that it relates to this thread.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Lenar made by Mahindra? #6  
Jay, the lady, does she have a name? It certainly wasn't from Mahindra, but it still could relate to the eBayer in some way I suppose. If some guy had a group of Lenar tractors they were trying to dump, they might try to make an affiliation to try to provoke a sale, but it's an odd thing to do. Of course Yanmar's are represented as exact copies of John Deere and Kioti's as Kubota's and other nonsense on eBay, so I guess we should not be surprised.

/ Lenar made by Mahindra? #7  
Dave
I am going by memory but I am sure either her card or the info she had had Mahindra written on it. And I am also sure she was connected to Mahindra. I would think if you asked Mahindra headquarters they could explain.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Lenar made by Mahindra? #8  
I sent a question to the seller on ebay. Today I got the response below:

<font color="blue">

Response from bigmike612
---------------------------------------

bigmike612 (5)
Positive Feedback: 100%
Registered On: www.ebay.com

Item: Lenar 274-1 w/ Loader (New) (7602711078)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
bigmike612 is the seller.
---------------------------------------
It says right on the I.D. plate along with the ser # that its a Mahindra.
</font>

/ Lenar made by Mahindra? #9  
Bob
Thanks for the help. I rest my case.
Happy Tractoring

/ Lenar made by Mahindra? #10  
Check out this LINK from a press release from Mahindra's world web site (July 2, 2005)
Thay are making tractors in China for export to USA.