buying used 4110 - a few questions

/ buying used 4110 - a few questions #1  

kponds

I am in the process of buying a used 4110 which I am scheduled to pickup next weekend. I have a few questions that I would like to get some help on before the pickup as it is at a Mahindra dealer curretnly (on consignment) and I may want the dealer to take care of a few things before I pick it up. The tractor has 119 hours on it (its a 2004 model) and comes with a loader and a 6ft bush hog 286 cutter and appears to be in great shape.

1. Warranty - it apears that Mahindra changed from a 2 year to a 3 year warranty on the 4110 series somewhere in the time frame of when this tractor was originally sold. Does anyone know when the warranty length changed - I can't find anything on the web which shows when the warranty was changed. Obviously if the tractor qualifies for the three year warranty, I want to get that transferred when/before I pick up the tractor. The dealers initial response was that it was out of warranty but he answered so fast I am not sure he was correct.

2. In reading all the posts here on the 4110, most of the problems mentioned seem pretty minor (seal leak or bad ground). Are there any issues in particular I should look out for on this model.

3. From a maintenance viewpoint, it appears the owner had the tractor serviced at 50 hours and at 100 hours. Is the scheduled maintenance every 50 hours on this unit or does it drop off after 100 hours to every 100 hours. Mainly I ask that so that if the next maintenance schedule is at 150 hours I will want to go ahead and pickup the maintenance items when I pickup the tractor.

Any other suggestions that you may offer will be greatly appreciated. I am new to tractors moving from a 2 acre lot using a Cub Cadet lawn tractor to a 18 acre minifarm where I am currently building a new house.

/ buying used 4110 - a few questions #2  
After 50 hrs.
Manual: change oil every 100 hrs, oil filter every 300 hrs
I change the oil filter with the oil every 100 hrs
Manual: Hydraulic fluid & filter every 300 hrs
Manual: Fuel filter clean every 100, replace every 300
Manual : Front axle 4 wd, change every 600 hrs.

There is a minor problem with the solenoid which engages the PTO, to sum it up it gets "DIRTY", and sometime needs to get cleaned and lubricated, it has happened once since I bought my 2002 Mahindre 4110 , and my son cleaned and lubricated it, nothing major. I use my pto often, and maybe thats why it rarely gets "DIRTY". I also have included this "CLEANING and LUBE" into my 100hr maintenance routine. Here is the fix I found on TBN
</font><font color="blueclass=small">(
[/quPoboy

Reged: 01/09/04
Loc: North Georgia
Re: 4110 PTO problems
#484761 - 08/23/04 02:13 PM Edit Reply Quote

The problem most of the time is not the solenoid itself but the spool valve it works when voltage is applied. The end of the spool is completly open on the end so grit can get inside causing the valve not to open. If your pto does not operate you can get underneath the tractor with it not running of course and simply push in the valve with a small nail or ball point pen. The valve is easy to locate if you look under the right side floor panel you will see a valve block with hydralic lines connected to it , to the rear you will see the solenoid which has two wires attached to it ther will be a plastic nut holding it in place in the center of this nut you can see a steel valve end approx. 3/16 of an inch in diameter. simply push in on this valve a few times and the pto should start working when you get back on the tractor. It seems to help if you spray a little wd-40 on the exposed area. This problem seems to happen on tractors that are not used for extended periods of time.

ote]

<font color="black"> Here is another link to a thread about this problem, with the MUSA solution PTO Problem and FIX
I work my machine hard, and despite minor problems, like the pto, it is a good machine.
Buck</font>

/ buying used 4110 - a few questions #3  
I have a 2004 4110 and the only problem that I have had was the ground problem, other than that it is rock solid. I work it pretty hard with chicken houses and 43 acres.

/ buying used 4110 - a few questions #4  
Hi there

Haven't been out to the 4110 to look at, but is there a way to wrap or seal the valve on pto to keep the dirt and grime out? However, I am guessing that's not a way to go or you would have mentioned it. Also, I'll check out the link you posted.

Just a thought. I will check that out 4110 today. In fact today might be oil change day. However, not sure if the better half has me on the schedule for other things. (As with many, she writes the program and I follow it.)

Cheers....Coffeeman