Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why?

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why? #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Still reading the Mahindra manual. The manual says don't mount or dismount tractor from right side? I most always use the left side. I don't know why. The tractor seems to be just as easy to mount from either side. What would the safety reason be? Do other brands mention this?

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why?
Still reading the Mahindra manual. The manual says don't mount or dismount tractor from right side? I most always use the left side. I don't know why. The tractor seems to be just as easy to mount from either side. What would the safety reason be? Do other brands mention this?

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why? #3  
I tell all my customer this also.
There is to much to get tangled up in ie.... Loader joystick, gas pedal or even the hst pedal

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why? #4  
I tell all my customer this also.
There is to much to get tangled up in ie.... Loader joystick, gas pedal or even the hst pedal

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why? #5  
The sticker on the dash also says to not "upset" the tractor. Maybe they are sensitive about right side mounting and it "upsets" them. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why? #6  
The sticker on the dash also says to not "upset" the tractor. Maybe they are sensitive about right side mounting and it "upsets" them. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why? #7  
I know better, but . . . Just last night I went down with a thud. I was getting off the right side and my pants leg caught the accelerator pedal.

Its a new 2015, but we'll get accustomed to each other. So far, I love it.

Knute

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why? #8  
I know better, but . . . Just last night I went down with a thud. I was getting off the right side and my pants leg caught the accelerator pedal.

Its a new 2015, but we'll get accustomed to each other. So far, I love it.

Knute

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why? #9  
I agree with the others. Book says to mount or dismount on left side. The safety issue is if you get on or off the right side you could accidentally hit the loader joystick, step on the HST pedal, hit the 3 pt. control, throttle, or brakes. Any of which could cause bodily injury to anyone around the tractor whether running or not. Nothing but the clutch on the left side.

/ Mount or dismount tractor? Which side and why? #10  
I agree with the others. Book says to mount or dismount on left side. The safety issue is if you get on or off the right side you could accidentally hit the loader joystick, step on the HST pedal, hit the 3 pt. control, throttle, or brakes. Any of which could cause bodily injury to anyone around the tractor whether running or not. Nothing but the clutch on the left side.