Oil & Fuel Fuel leak on Mahindra

/ Fuel leak on Mahindra #1  

BroncoMan

Tractor
Mahindra E350-DI
This is my first post. I have a Mahindra E350-DI that has spontaneously developed a fuel leak in the cap on the feed pump filter(that is the sediment bowl directly below the feed pump). Has anyone else had this problem?
It was really hard to tell exactly where the leak was coming from.
I asked the dealer about it and they told me to snug up the bolt that attaches the fuel line to it but to be careful and not overtighten it. I was very careful and barely turned it but there was no improvement in the leak. I got a replacement gasket for the filter bowl and replaced it but that did not cure the leak either. I thought I would try again to tighten the bolt just a little bit more so I barely turned it again. Well, this time the leak got worse and I could definitely tell where it was coming from. The metal fitting that is cast as part of the cap either has a couple of holes in it or it's cracked, one of the two. Either way it has to replaced. Its leaking bad enough that I'm afraid that if I try to run it that it may catch on fire! I'm going to talk to the dealer tomorrow to see if they have the replacement part or if they have to order it(they had to order the gasket). Does anyone know if this is an easy fix. I really need to try to fix this myself if I can. It would be really difficult to get the tractor up to the dealer, so I don't want to have to do that unless its really necessary. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BroncoMan

/ Fuel leak on Mahindra #3  
I have a 5005DI w/ a similar leak. I have been using the tractor too much lately to track it down, but it is on the left side of the fuel tank in the area before the sediment bowl. Soon as hay season slacks up, I'll check it pretty close. Meanwhile, I'll be watching this thread.