3015 tires--to load or not to load

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #1  

pk1mk1

I have a new 3015. The dealer said it wasn't necessary to load the tires. When I have the rotary cutter on it it seems pretty stable. When I switched it for a relatively smal landscape rake not so stable. On the other hand I am scared of the thing being new to tractors so I may be inordinately nervous. I use it for light loader work, bushhogging, grading not mowing the lawn. The terrain is hilly, rocky and with lots of stumps. Is there some sort of non-toxicsubstance that one can use in New England and is it a good idea?

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #2  
With a front loader I would load the rear tires for sure - safety & stability.

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #3  
pk1mk1 said:
Is there some sort of non-toxicsubstance that one can use in New England and is it a good idea?

Try here RimGuard or you could go with windshield wiper fluid so it won't freeze. You will need to take it to someone that has the system to fill the tires.

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #4  
pkmk, I have the older Cub version in a 23HP model and the Mahindra and the Cubs in this series are pretty much identical. My tractor weighs in the 23-2400 pound without the loader about 3300 + or - with it on. Tires are the 41x14-20 and 27x10.5-15 turfs. Your 30HP is a little heavier than mine and I don't have my tires loaded. This was my first tractor and I never thought I really needed them loaded plus my dealer didn't encourage me to load them. I've plowed mostly an uphill driveway for the past 8 or 9 years and think it has worked fairly well. I built an oversize weight box for it but I've only had it on once or twice. That said, I haven't driven one with the filled tires so I don't know how it would handle but it would probably help. As a new guy working on hills be very very careful especially using the loader. I too have lots of hills and you can get into a lot of trouble real fast if you don't watch it. Experience is such a great teacher!

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #5  
i def reccommend loading your tires if you have a FEL. you will notice the difference since you have been using it w/o them loaded for a while now. it will be much more stable for you on the rough terrain as well. i can't remember exactly what my dealer filled my tires with, but i think he mentioned something about it being a type of citrus product that is enviroment friendly. i ended up with about 1200 lbs between the 2 rear tires on my 4110. even with that much weight, the rear gets a little light when i lift some larger logs with my forks.

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #6  
I guess I am a fanatic about filling the rear tires.

I certainly would not run a loader without lots of weight in the back. Even with my rears filled, I keep my box blade on the rear when I'm using my loader.

I think your dealer did you a disservice by suggesting that the tractor doesn't need it. But, with that being said, I would think that your dealer would have access to fluid suitable for your area. If nothing else, over the past several years, lots of people have gone to winter window washer fluid or the non-toxic anti-freeze used in the water systems of RVs and boats.

The tractor will feel like a completely different machine after you get the tires filled -- all for the good (just my opinion). There are a number of other threads on TBN about filling the rears. There are lots of good comments.

I'm such a fanatic about filling tires, that many years ago I swapped out the turf tires for ag tires on a Sear 18 hp garden tractor -- and I had them filled, plus I added the Sears wheel weights. That little tractor sure pushed a lot of snow, and it did a lot of steep hill mowing that could not have safely been done without all the weight.

Good luck,

Knute

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #7  
I'm surprised at your dealer's comment about loading the tires? There have been several threads about it and the benefits from doing so discussed. Biggest thing is added traction and stability.... something every tractor could use. You will notice the difference.

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #8  
I have a 2810HST and went about a year without loading the tires.
There is a BH on the machine so I have an extra 1,000 pounds on the back and didn't think they needed to be loaded.

Well , they have been loaded for the last three years and hands down ,, Load them !!!

You will lower your center of gravity and the tractor will feel more stable.
Believe it or not at higher speeds ( if 10 MPH is high ) it will have a smoother
ride and not bounce as much. And with the BH off I can use the FEL without the back tires lifting. I mow 6 acres with a finish mower.

If I bought another tractor loading the tires is the first thing I would do.

A lot of the dealers are using winter windshield washer fuid around here .
I put in a Non Toxic antifreeze.

I found a device to load the tires on the internet. With shipping is was under $15.00
There is about 35 gallons in each tire, that's close to 600 pounds of added weight , most below the axel.

Dave in NH

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #9  
Dave;

What is the tire loading device?

Who makes it and where did you get it?

Thanks;

David Jackson

/ 3015 tires--to load or not to load #10  
pk1mk1 said:
I have a new 3015. The dealer said it wasn't necessary to load the tires.
I can't even believe a dealer would say that. How long has he been a tractor dealer?

Open your loader manual and it will tell you that you need counterweight on your tractor. Most tractor/loader manufacturers will recommend wheel weights or fluid filled tires AND a weight box to get the maximum capacity out of your loader. A landscape rake is a very light tool, a 6' rake is probably about 150 pounds, but fluid fill could weigh 600#. Weight boxes range from 500# to 750#. A heavy rotary cutter can easily weigh 1000#. It is no wonder that your tractor feels unstable with only a landscape rake.

Both my NH and my Kubota state it is unsafe to use a the loader without proper ballast. I've never seen any brand that didn't require heavy ballast on the rear for safe use of a loader. I've never looked at a Mahindra (KWM?) loader manual, but I would be shocked if the manual does not tell you that you need to ballast your tractor.

It is very easy to flip a tractor on its side, or roll it over, when doing loader work, if you don't have it properly ballasted with some sort of heavy weight. Your dealer recommended something that is extremely dangerous.

Last edited: