Mahindra 6500 problem

/ Mahindra 6500 problem #1  

99WS6

A friend of mine just got his 6500 4wd. He started mowing hay with it and was really impressed with the power that it had. The tractor was running great when he shut it off for the evening. The next morning, he started it up and started going up a hill and all of the sudden it made a puff of blue smoke and lost power. Now its missing and has no power whatsoever. The tractor only has 8 hours on it. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

/ Mahindra 6500 problem #2  
almost sounds like an injector may have let loose. Or maybe a timing issue.
I take it is a new tractor ("just got" and "only 8 hours" leads me to that assumption). A call to the dealer would be my first step to inquire about warranty.

/ Mahindra 6500 problem #3  
99WS6, Hows about keepin' us up to date on what was wrong with your friend's 6500 if you gots the time. It may be something we can head off at the pass. thanks chuck

/ Mahindra 6500 problem #4  
Sounds like an injector issue. Has he contacted the dealer yet?

/ Mahindra 6500 problem #5  
..............Blue smoke is oil!
White smoke is water or low compression.
Black smoke is fuel, too much or not enough air.

This has warranty written all over it.

Good Luck.

/ Mahindra 6500 problem
They removed the KSB Timer and the tractor quit smoking. He ran it that way for a couple days (until the new KSB Timer came) and it did ok but still didn't have the power that it had to start with. I haven't talked to him since he got the new KSB Timer so I don't know if it got the power back or not.