Backhoe Backhoe for the 4110 Help!

/ Backhoe for the 4110 Help! #1  

raa

Hi,

I have been looking for a backhoe to use on my 4110. What I unsderstood from Mahindra that the 4110 uses the bradco 509 or 511. The probelm is you have to get the Bradco via mahindra. Dealer prices for the 509 in over $9500. I was able to find few used Bradcos 509 or 511 in excellent shape for far, far less than $9.5k. My questions are: Can you use the standard bradco 509/11 on this tractor without any problems? Also, if a subframe is required, can some get the subframe only and mout a standard 509/11 on it. I just cannot see spending nealry $10K on a backhoe for this tractor.

Any help will be greately appreciated!
Thanks!
RAA

/ Backhoe for the 4110 Help! #2  
You would need to special order the following: Tractor half sub frame kit, backhoe half sub frame kit, plus the hydraulic kit or the PTO pump/tank kit. The rest of the backhoe is probably the same. The $9500 is list, you can buy it for quite a bit less normally. If you are on the west coast, contact me.

/ Backhoe for the 4110 Help! #3  
I also understand that Mahindra will not allow any 511's on the 4110 model tractor anymore... I had the first if not one of the first 511's on a 4110. I had no problems other than having to get a PTO pump to run the hoe,. The original 4110's didn't have much hydraulic power,. I believe it was 7 gpm. A 511 needs 11 gpm to operate properly, at a minimum... The other problem I believe, is the 511 can very easily over power the 4110 tractor. If you are not efficient, and have many hours running a hoe,, one can easily do serious damage to a 4110 series tractor.,.. On mine, I could have allowed the 511 to "whip" the tractor around like a child's toy... I can fully understand Mahindra's concern in mounting too big a hoe for that sized tractor. I heard the 9 footer is largest one can get now....

/ Backhoe for the 4110 Help! #4  
What state are you from?

/ Backhoe for the 4110 Help! #5  
My specs show a 4110 to be 4000# naked, with an 8gpm hyd
pump. The weight is the issue and I agree that a b/h the size
of a Bradco 511 is too big. A 509 would be ok with subframe,
of course. I do not know the cylinder diameters on the 509, but
based on the specs, it looks like no more than 3". 5-6 gpm is
plenty of flow for this cylinder size.

/ Backhoe for the 4110 Help!
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I am in North Carolina. I have never had good luck with the Mahindra dealers here. Just curious, what would be a fair price for the 509.

Thanks!

North Carolina - Near Charlotte

/ Backhoe for the 4110 Help! #8  
I have a 3375 mahindra backhoe with a 4110 frame mount that I would make you a great deal on. I sold my 4110 last year & I dont need this one any more. It was a demo with less than 3 hours on itErnie

tractorErnie said:
I have a 3375 mahindra backhoe with a 4110 frame mount that I would make you a great deal on. I sold my 4110 last year & I dont need this one any more. It was a demo with less than 3 hours on itErnie

Can you email with the specs on the backhoe and whether the kit is specifc to it.
randari@msn.com

Thanks!